Am I Being Unreasonable ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Tom for the information on that dealer.  Next time we pass through Michigan we are going to go out of our way to be sure to visit them.

Im sorry I just needed to comment of your post. I know is was posted awhile ago but felt the need to respond.  You are not the only one that has problems with new coaches and it does happen everywhere.  We live in California and we purchased a Fleetwood 2006 Southwind from Alpine Recreation in Morgan Hill.  The run aroung you get and the things that are wrong with your coach.  Its just crazy.  This is our first Class A.  We had a TT and before that a pop up.  We took delivery of our motorhome on Sept 23, 2006.  And to this day it has been to the Service dept 3 times and it goes in tomorrow for an odometer that you can't read and we didn't find that out till we drove it off the lot on the 23rd.  Yes it is cover under warrenty.  But man.  Various chips and dents outside.  Various things that need to be fixed inside.  The salesman and the guy who did our walk through on the 23rd told us to make a list and that we had 90 days.  Well last week when we went to pick up our motorhome in for woodwork molding fixes and paint fixes (only part of the work) we were given a bill for a water leak that we had point out for the 2nd time to them.  But because they couldnt duplicate the problem they were going to charge us for it.  Both times it had rained.  Anyways to make a long story short.  We had to have the Service Manager call the Sales Manager to say that they were going to pay for the work.  Well we just got back from camping this Thanksgiving weekend and while we were out the 2nd night it rained.  Guess what!  A leak in the center of the windsheild area just behind the front TV.  We took off the front of the TV to make sure that no water had gotten in there and it didnt.  But now we get to tell them its leaking there.    Also our service writer told us not to add anymore to the list.  We'll we found a gouge in the bedroom door that we didnt see before that we are going to point out.  Well I know we are going to get some guff from them.  The leak is sometihing else.  When I noticed it it was just dripping but when my husband closed an outside compartment the leak turned into a splash.  We used almost 1/4 of a roll of papertowel wiping up the water that puddled between the windshield and the dash. 

Im like you... What next...  It doesn't help that the service people sort of make you feel like it something you should be able to fix yourself.  Whats the point of paying all that money and things not working properly. Or leaking, or broken.

At this rate we hope to have everything fixed by the spring.      And no we are not complainers.  Its just we your told by sales people to make a list and then you get to the service department and the question everything.  Whats UP!

Sincerely,

Mlyon

Mylon - sounds like it might be time to bring an attorney in on the deal. A few well-written letters or calls might speed things up and be worth the $$. It's a shame that these stories appear on this forum. Especially the "don't put anymore things on the list" - that's classic. I hope the problems are cleared up and it sounds like you're enjoying the rig ... 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom