Am I Being Unreasonable ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In effort to help you get things resolved I contacted Ken as I indicated I would do to ask him to give you assistance in getting the issues resolved. I sent Ken an E-Mail and he knows the issues.  All you have to do is look Ken Ware up and I am sure he will help.  Ken is a good guy and will make every effort to get things corrected.  Just ask for Ken or call him at lazy Days extension 4290.  Hopefully we can get this turned around from a negative to a positive experience from here on in.

Paul, sorry to hear that you have had such dealing with Lazy Days. ?We purchased from them a year ago December and purchased a used class A as we were not sure this would be for us. ?We had so issues but many of them taken care of before we left the del pad. ?It really was like worker ants getting things done. ?I even stated the carpet really looked a little dirty from when we made the deal on the coach and within 20 minutes someone was there cleaning the carpet. ?We had several issues after we took the coach off the lot and had great results getting things fixed and fixed pretty fast. ?We have told many folks about LD's but I can understand from your post that you are unhappy and you should be. ?As far as paying for Rally Park, I think that is a bit over the edge on LD part after you spending that kind of dollars. ?Guess we hit them just right. ?Hope all works out for you. ?Don't know if CJ is still the head Service manager but he was great to us on issues, might seeif you can look him up. ?After all the more involved should help get the wheels rolling. ?Good luck and sorry to hear about all your issues with them.
Cheryl

Paul:

As I understand it, Ken Ware was once active on our forum and still takes an interest in helping folks here out.  He was very helpful to me, at Ron's suggestion, when I was shopping for a motorhome, even though I did not end up buying there.  He seems to take a special interest in our forum members and really knows how to pull strings.  If you call that extension Ron gave you and mention Ron Ruward's name, I am sure you will get results.  Good luck!

dsl4us said:
Must be different at RV dealerships. In the '90s I worked at one of the oldest Buick dealers in the country. We pulled needed parts off of lot cars if needed in a pinch, I was even instructed to pull some HVAC modules out of a ParkAve while it sat on the showroom floor to repair a customers car that was a new model and parts weren't readily available. In our view customers would see that we would go the extra mile for satisfaction on servie. We routinely scored 98-100 on the CSI, Customer Service Index. And that was for $25-30k cars at the time.

Not sure if the car industry is the same as the RV industry but I don't see why it wouldn't be. One of the problems I see with removing parts is the next customer looking at the unit which is missing something and wonder if they will have the problem, too. I have seen rigs on lots with parts missing and wondered why.

Perhaps Don Wallace should take a look at our forum.

Don Wallace is no longer the owner - Lazy Days was sold to a holding company a year or so ago. Don is still associated with LD as board Chairman but John Horton is CEO now.  Horton is probably the one to whom problems like this should be addressed.

From Gary - "Lazy Days was sold to a holding company a year or so ago"

I know nothing about Lazy Days, but Gary's comment above probably has a lot to do with the "new attitude".

As far as removing items from another coach, there are problems in that as I am sure any of you can see, especially with somethig that would breach the skin.  I know we have done it, but not crazy about doing it.  It is more likely to be done on something that is essential to being able to safely operate the coach.  I don't really know the ultimate policy here, just common sense.

Paul and I spoke for a bit yesterday and I have checked on a couple things.  These are really between Paul and Matt, and any details better left for him to speak about, not me, or Ken in this forum.  Out of school so to speak. 

I know every effort will be made to clear any issues that exist.

TJ is the guy heading service in case anyone tries calling.  Him and Ken Schielka. 

Paul, I will see you when you come in on the 9th. 

Gary,

Actually the employees owned the company for a while and then it was sold to the holding company. I thought Don was still CEO. Sounds like your info is more appropriate.

An update on all those leaks. The hot water hose under the galley sink isn't fixed tight enough and drops of water are leaking from there.

Hopefully that is the cause of the 3 leaks we've found (water running across tiled floor, when coach was parked at an angle away from sink).

If so, it "should" be a quick fix.

I left a voicemail message with our Sales Rep on Friday morning (and an email) asking for a list of all the issues that WOULD be sorted when we return on the 9th.

Unfortunately, I've not had the list, an email or a phone call from him since.

Paul

Seems to me you might have more chance of an accurate response by asking the Service Manager for that list Paul. I think someone gave you his name earlier in this discussion.

Tom

That is planned for 1st thing Monday morning.

We are about to leave KOA Kissimmee and head to TT Orlando for 3 nights.

We have to stop at Sams Club, Camping World and Publix on the way, so a busy day.

Paul

Have you called Ken Ware yet?  If not I would recommend you do first thin Monday morning.  I am sure he can and will help get it all sorted out.

Hi Paul,

Water leaks from plumbing on new rigs is very common. I sometimes do PDI work at a dealership and it is one of the most common faults we find. All leaks should be found during the PDI but, occasionally, one is missed for one reason or another. Hopefully this is the source of all three occurances you have seen.

We also have one manufacturer who shipped almost all trailers with the hot and cold lines in the bathroom reversed! This is easy to spot if water is run through all faucets, as it's supposed to be. We finally realized the outside shower was right behind the sink and the tech doing the installation got messed up by seeing the markings for the outside hot water line and mirrored them inside. That put the line on the wrong faucet. :)

This leak in the galley drain didn't show itself until we'd had our coach approximately 18 months. So, check under the sinks and inspect plumbing regularly.

Paul
Your rep was at the rally, won't be in till Monday AM.  I'll see him about the time he gets the questions.  Matt is a great rep and does wonderful follow-up.  Generalizations on sales reps only caring about the sale is not always the case, so, please don't let this color your impression.  Let matt get things sorted out.  ken Ware is a great guy, as is the sales manager, but talk to Matt first, just have to let him get back here. 

Generalizations on sales reps only caring about the sale is not always the case

Bill, you're right. I was merely speaking from my own experience with RVs, boats and cars over the years. I have found sales reps who do care very much beyond the sale, but the few I've come across were not able to influence what the service department did. That's why I suggested Paul deal directly with Service. In the equivalent situation with our coach,  I chose to use the sales rep as the conduit and later found out from the service folks that he'd been flat out lying to me every day for several weeks.

I have no experience with LD and hope the situation there is much different than the situations I've experienced. All I wish for is that Paul gets things resolved.

Tom
We work very hard not to make promises that cannot be fulfilled.  I don't know of any on my part anyway.  Not all my deliveries have been flawless, but they have been resplved to the customers satisfaction.  With Paul being able to be here it makes it much easier.  The ain thing in dealing with anyone, not just here, is to remain calm, but be persistant.  I have found that to be the case in all my dealings with service folks, and in being service folks.  One thing I have found from my experience on the servicing end of things (totally different business), is that the guys that worked at going over my head got what they needed, but only that.  The folks that dealt with me on a one on one basis got my attention and extras, plus a relationship.

I appreciate the fact that the folks here are goiving Paul names, but I am hoping that we can let his rep do what he does best and get the follow through done properly.  I know his rep and he is a great guy and treats his customers with great care.  Unfortunately, some of this transpired while he was out of town. 

He will be in Monday and I know Paul will end up happy. 

I know Paul will end up happy.

I sure hope so Bill. A lot of folks will be interested in the outcome.

Let me share some words of wisdom from my dealings with customers around the world for some 35 years ....

Fixing things after the customer has been disappointed isn't the answer. The damage has already been done and, even if the problems are resolved, the customer leaves with a long-lasting negative impression. I don't wish to get into the details of Paul's situation, but here's someone who flew 3,000+ miles to buy something from a dealer who has been recommended by others here and was clearly upset and frustrated by the experience. Someone being out of town on a previously-planned engagement really isn't a good excuse. If the guy isn't around, then someone else should be taking care of the customer or, at a minimum, he should have been called so he could deal with the situation by phone. I can't ever recall letting a customer stew for several days because I was out of town.

Off my soap box.

I agree with you 100%.  Having been in Customer Support for a major American Company for the last 20 + years of my previous life I think you and have the same thoughts.  If the guy wasn't going to be available it was his responsibility to make sure a qualified person was arranged for to cover this type situation.  IMHO in this case it appears the person that was not available was flat on his --- well you know what I mean.  If I was his boss he would have some serious explaining to do as well as apologies to be given and given the responsibility to make the CUSTOMER happy.  If for any reason he cannot accomplish this then send him (not the customer) down the road kicking rocks. 

If I had ever let a Customer down like that I would have been looking new employment.

Well there I go again saying what I think but it is my 2 cents and honest opinion.

LOL Ron, you sound as passionate as me when it comes to customer satisfaction.

I sure know how I felt after my last couple of experiences as a dissatisfied customer and I had no qualms about letting the owner of a large national dealership know when I met him in person a few months ago.

Let's hope this all comes out just fine and Paul comes away a happy camper at the end of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom