Memory foam mattress recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I bought our RV in July 2010, it had a very good foam mattress (queen).  After sleeping on it a couple of times, I knew it would need replacing.  We bought a latex mattress at Costco and started full-timing in early October.  It was a very good investment and is likely to be with us for years.

Most companies only give a handful of options; usually a line of one manufacturer's products. Here are several options (just put the size you need in to generate them) by many different makers ... not just memory foam but also spring, hybrid, latex, poly foam etc. For cost efficiency and fast shipping turnaround, I'd recommend the Crestview Custom Classic Gel line. There's an 8", a 10" and a 12" available ... but there are other ones, as well.

http://www.michigandiscountmattress.com/rv_mattress_sizes.htm

Thanks much custom guy. This is just the very info we were looking for, as we are much in need of a new mattress.
Happens we are also headed to Michigan in May

I was looking on here before I sold my Challenger, they look like pretty good with the reviews. I have a full size queen now but the wife says she wants to get a new mattress before she sleeps in the new coach. I may buy one of these.
http://rvpartaccessories.com/replacement-rv-mattresses-custom-short-queen-60-x-7475/

i hate our memory foam - so we took our 8 yr old house mattress and put it in the trailer and bought a new home mattress and traded the trailer last year - now 8 yrs later we are buying a new home mattress and putting the old one in our new trailer

steveblonde said:
i hate our memory foam - so we took our 8 yr old house mattress and put it in the trailer and bought a new home mattress and traded the trailer last year - now 8 yrs later we are buying a new home mattress and putting the old one in our new trailer

Can you share why you hated it? 

edjunior said:
Can you share why you hated it?

I found it really cold when i crawled into bed and then when it warmed up after laying on it it was too warm no happy medium - please keep in mind i have probably an over sensitive back (4 surgeries in 6 years) last year we were camping at cold temps and it never really warmed up i would highly recommend a residential mattress and adapting the platform 

Sams club has a couple of short queen memory foam mattresses starting around $ 200.00.

Just to cover all the bases, we had a sleep number clone in our mh when we bought it.  Finally trashed it and bought a memory foam mattress. We just couldn't stand the ridge in the middle. I don't remember where we got it but it offered two stiffnesses (just turn it over). Worked out well.

Ernie

I was not too pleased with Memory foam matress toppers. but.

Casper dot com  Check them out, not sure if they are a true memory foam or not, Coupon code is HAMNATION (may be lower case) Have not tried them myself so can not recommend for or against.. Just have a coupon code that anyone can use.

Becks said:
Thanks much custom guy. This is just the very info we were looking for, as we are much in need of a new mattress.
Happens we are also headed to Michigan in May

That's great! While many are sold online and people are happy with their choices, it's always best to try them in person. (if possible). Also, if you pick the mattress up yourself, you can save some money.

steveblonde said:
I found it really cold when i crawled into bed and then when it warmed up after laying on it it was too warm no happy medium - please keep in mind i have probably an over sensitive back (4 surgeries in 6 years) last year we were camping at cold temps and it never really warmed up i would highly recommend a residential mattress and adapting the platform

Memory Foam (especially gel) will do this ... like you said, it's dependent upon the sensitivity of the individual as to whether or not it will be noticed. I would suggest either a spring or poly foam mattress. Many people with back issues are quite happy with a medium-firm poly foam ... poly foam sleeps cooler, doesn't tend to change in feel with heat or cold and doesn't "suck you in". There's a model called a "Kepler Medium Firm Foam" by Symbol Mattress. That's if you didn't want spring.

Back
Top Bottom