View/Navion owners - how do you like it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ines

I'm reading so many posts about bad experiences with the View and I wander how the owners who wrote all the posts feel about the View now .
The View is one of my options , also the Navion and the Serenity by Leisure travel vans but is hard to find . I am worry about the beds that seem to be uncomfortable , the power of the engine at the mountains , the heat inside from the engine , and the sound , I mean if it is a quiet diesel or not , also the AC is quiet ? .
Winnebago has another model class A but almost as small as the View , the Via. It looks great but is expensive , there is any body who has try the Via ?
I am thinking about to go to Tampa . I have ever been in Florida or at any RV shows , any advice on reservations or where to stay ?.

Thank you so much . I have been working on the decision on purchasing a B+ or a C, better a diesel and a 24 or 25 ft. I will really appreciate your help.
Ines

I have a 2010 Winnebago View 24A and really like it. The 24A floor plan is great. It has a full wall slide which results in an unbelievable amount of space for a 24' motorhome. The View has good power, we avg 15mpg and it is quiet. Drives like a dream. There is no issue with "heat" from the engine as you typically find in the Ford Class C's. You can easily move from the drivers seat to the coach without banging your leg/foot on the "dog house". We sleep in the overhead bunk and find it very comfortable. The 24A also has a sofa bed with a queen size air mattress.

I forgot to say that though the Winnebago Via and Itasca Reyo are nice looking "A" motorhomes in my opinion they are overpriced. The best bang for your buck would be to pick up a low mileage View or Navion...they are out there!
Good luck!

Thank you , I agree .There are a lot of them and probably will be more after this week .

Hello Ines,

My wife and I have the Navion 24A and we like it very much. We started with Class A (35R Southwind), but my wife was never comfortable driving it. The Navion does drive very well and it is easy to get in and out of tight spaces. The only issue that we have had was very minor....we discovered that the chassis battery was not being charged when plugged into shore power. No big deal once you know about it. (There are several easy solutions for this and I've addressed this myself for about $50 and some install time on my part.)

We get about 13 mpg, but I got a fairly heavy foot and drive about 70 mph for the most part. The power is fine, on the steepest mountain grades we slow down to about 50 mph (the same hills would bog our Class A (with Banks) down to about 40 mph). We travel to dog competitions with two adults and four 45 lbs dogs!! The engine is quiet while driving, the AC and coach heater are a bit louder than those in our previous class A, but only slightly so.

I do not know anybody who has the Via, but I would expect one of the big Via advantages to be leveling jacks and more exterior storage, I would not expect it to get nearly as good of mileage.

Good luck,

Ray

Thanks Ray that was very helpful. I love the Navion , is still one of the choices .

Have an 08 View H and love it!  Wonderful to drive, park, setup, maintain.  Very quiet engine (internal and external).  Great mileage.  06 year had turbo resonator issue.  As someone mentioned, check into the View-Navion User Group.  LOTS of info and everyone is willing to share.  Can also assess whether or not your price is a decent one.  Database, Marketplace as some member used ones.  Would definitely buy another one should we ever be in the market again.  Good luck!

rayincorrales said:
The only issue that we have had was very minor....we discovered that the chassis battery was not being charged when plugged into shore power. No big deal once you know about it. (There are several easy solutions for this and I've addressed this myself for about $50 and some install time on my part.)

Hi Ray/All - do you have any tips or URL's for fixing this? Does it plague all View/Navions?

bcr8d said:
Hi Ray/All - do you have any tips or URL's for fixing this? Does it plague all View/Navions?

If you are plugged into shore power or have solar installed and are in the sun...you can install a Trik L Start and that will take care of charging the chassis batteries while in storage. Otherwise you can pull the disconnect for the chassis battery by the accelerator pedal...check your owners manual.

I have a 2012 View Profile 24G, just completed 9500 miles through Northern States to Seattle, Coast Highway to San Diego back along I40 (Route 66) to Missouri then home.  Best trip yet!!  Love my View Profile.  3.0 liter Diesel has lots of torque, great through the mountains.  With slide-out walk around queen bed in back lots of room.  Had no trouble in San Francisco negotiating the hills and the city traffic.  Got 17 miles per gallon average for the whole trip, compared to previous motorhome ( 26 ft. ) at 6-7 MPG.  Winnebago did good!!!!

Dave
Toronto
2012 View Profile 24G

I have been taking a fresh look at the much shorter "tour" type rvs. I have noticed that some of the used ones are high mileage, as I would expect. The view 25G is among the top 3 on my "tour" list, as is the Pleasure-Way Plateau XL and the Leisure Travel Unity U24 MB. The key feature is a true queen bed compared to a lot of other foldable and creative choices at that length or a ft or two longer, like Coachman. 

On the other hand at around $115k to 130k plus or minus for a new one, the better option for me is probably a six years plus or minus low 30's length Newmar Ventana 3330, or some such, with a 4 wheels down towable. Probably a better fit for my age and purpose and likely lower mileage with a few extended stay behind a couple of weeks in one location.

But the "tour" types have a distinct draw for me, in particular the Plateau and the Unity. If I was younger, I might even buy a new Mercedes Sprinter for $40k plus or minus and do a DIY project. One couple reported it took them six months full-time to do their MS. Lots of little challenges to get right, but perfect for a perfectionist with a garage, skills, and good tools.

I wish I could tell you how much I like it unfortunately is has been in the shop since the day I bought it.

See my post under "Just got a 2015 View profile 24G"

I am really disappointed and I am going to start naming names soon if they don't raise my priority from "ignore this customer"

You would think Winnebago would want to know about this.
So far they have ignored me.

We have a 2013 Reyo 25T. Driving it is like driving a van. We choose it because the interior seemed alot nicer and put together than the Navion and View. Was shocked at the diesel mileage. Traveling from Phoenix, AZ to Kansas towing a 16' trailer & RAV4 we averaged aroung 16 MPG. Did lose speed going up and out of the Valley (down to about 40 mph).  Only down fall is that we don't get out enough!  :-*

We picked up our 2017 Winnebago 24J a month ago, and love it.

I've had some little problems with plumbing connections not being tightened, but nothing major. I thought I might have a major issue, but it turns out that my connector from 30 amp to 20 amp was bad and it caused me all kinds of grief. The service manager at Camping World assisted in getting things repaired in a jiffy while we were on the road. Winnebago stepped up with lots of support. I feel very good about our purchase. It is our second Winnebago, and it is a good one. They have thought of many items, and we have all available options on ours except the aluminum wheels, and the instant hot water. We dry camp a lot so the propane is a better choice for the hot water heater. The solar panel works well.

The Navion drives like my Mercedes C300. It is so much better than the Ford 450 on our Winnebago Aspect.

Our maiden voyage took us from Texas to Colorado and Wyoming. It climbs mountains like mountain goat. We have used every system installed, and I think they have a very good design for most campers. They are well thought out and designed, except the water pump switch is very high. I would and may add another near our rear sink, outside the bathroom. The shower is very nice with the single handle design. It seems much easier to get the water temperature adjusted.

We just passed 5,000 miles, and going great. We'll put another 3,500 on her next month.

2016 View with most everything on it. $100K  Have had it about a year and 9500 miles. Had a leak issue, Winnebago did what they could since I refused to use their dealer in my area. Things will need to be fixed, new or used. The weak link is finding a good repair shop you trust or repair it yourself. Now I love the View, has plenty power, handles well, ( did the devils backbone ) no excesive noise or heat from engine. All systems work great, solar, inverter, diesel gen, slide, has plenty hot water with elec and propane, ac a touch noisy, have the back corner bed and its fine. Layout works for us, tv's, kitchen, plenty of storage inside for kitchen and clothes, booth with the kick up foot rests are very comfortable for watching tv. We tow a Subaru Crosstrek and with some storage in the car have never felt I had to leave anything behind storage wise. Also haul 2 bikes, a kayak and SUP. Ask away if you have ?s on the View

Back
Top Bottom