The why of tow ratings.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl L

Moderator Emeritus
You all may have noticed that Ron and I tend to harp a lot on things like tow ratings, GCVWRs, and trailer weights, gross and otherwise.? ? ?We do have our reasons.? One of those reasons is illustrated in the attached video fille.? ?The file has been floating around the web for a while but I think it is particularly appropriate here.?

Don't let this happen to you!

;D​

Attachments

• caravana.wmv
    1.3 MB · Views: 7,840
Carl, 

Thanks for this, it is absolutely great.  I've shared it with a number of trailering co-workers at the office.  One of the "things" we're supposed to do every day is have a safety moment.  This would work great with an introduction of something like "Reasonable Expectations."

As a follow-up to my previous post:

I am using this video clip in a class I am currently giving. 

I'm tying it to a discussion, "How does working within your limits ? or the limits of your  team ? relate to safety."

After the discussion, I show the video, where the car is clearly not working within its limits. 

Then, later, we discuss a situation where a work team didn't work within their limits as well as they should have and the adverse consequences to that team and the plant where they used to work.

A lot of the guys in the class have RVs of one type or another, so they really appreciate this.  Others drive little, tiny cars and, of course, they get some friendly ribbing from some of thei co-workers. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I click on the link, I am asked to save the .php file instead of open the .wmv file. Why is this? I cannot play the video.

Does the same thing to me.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

[edit]Edited to remove commercial ad.[/edit]

It sounds like you don't have Windows Media on your PC, or it's not enabled. The file is a Windows Media file.

Tom said:
It sounds like you don't have Windows Media on your PC, or it's not enabled. The file is a Windows Media file.

Tom:

Realplayer will also play the file.

davidsimmonds said:
I have all of the necessary components to allow playing a wmv file. The link for me comes up as a .php file though, not a .wmv file.

The full link is: http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3946.0;id=1684  which is the standard format of links here for downloads. It's not the actual file format. We're in transit right now, but I'll check out the file when we stop for the night.

Thanks Karl. Same for Jeff. I can't download the file while we're on the freeway so I'll try it this evening.

I've downloaded the file several times on two different computers and all the copies play just fine in Windows Media Player.

Which software are you trying to get it to play in? Does the file download OK but not play?

I click the link and the next thing I am asked is to save the .php file. This is very odd. I have never had any problems like this before, and I am not a newbie computer user, but I have no idea why it works for some and not for me.

I wonder if you are somehow losing the last partr of the link, the  "?action=dlattach;topic=3946.0;id=1684" part that follows the "http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php".  Or your browser is not interpreting the html correctly and following through to the .wmv file itself.

What is the full name of the file you are invited to save? It should be "caravana.wmv". Are you seeing "caravana.php" or perhaps "www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php"?

David,

Sounds like Gary might be correct in that your browser isn't correctly interpreting the full link.

Try copying/pasting the full link into your browser address bar: http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3946.0;id=1684

If there are any spaces or something is truncated, fix it (by typing in the missing/wrong parts) before clicking to go to the link.

Let us know what happens and, if it still doesn't work, tell us which browser you're using so someone can check it out.

Thanks

I am using Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0.2900.2180. I pasted the link into the address bar. Nothing is missing or truncated. No spaces are in the url. I get an unknown file type message box that asks me if I want to save index.php. Why not just put the .wmv file as the link instead of the index.php url?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom