brake controller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OSSKOBRET

Looking for a connection to wire in a brake controller, cant seem to find a brake switch to wire into have done this on a couple of other motorhomes but this ford chassis seems to be throwing me a curveball. i tried a search but have not found what i am looking for ,also talked to a teck at winnebago with no luck, so if anyone has wired a brake controller on a 2000 winnebago adventurer on a ford f53 chassis i could use a little direction here....Thanks

Figured it all out all wires are there ffrom ford even though they say they are not ....flip up the dash and there is a connector hidden in the center and bottom of all the wires under dash pod they terminate at the ford to winnebago connector at rear of coach

OSSKOBRET said:
Figured it all out all wires are there ffrom ford even though they say they are not ....flip up the dash and there is a connector hidden in the center and bottom of all the wires under dash pod they terminate at the ford to winnebago connector at rear of coach

I'm looking for the same thing... can you remember the wire colors and connector color/number of pins?  Is it just sitting down there, disconnected and free?  Any way to be more specific on the location?  I have an 01 Adventurer, Ford chassis, so I'll assume mine would have this too.  I have been through all the wiring documentation, and have not found this, so your post is greatly appreciated.

QuadManiac said:
I'm looking for the same thing... can you remember the wire colors and connector color/number of pins?  Is it just sitting down there, disconnected and free?  Any way to be more specific on the location?  I have an 01 Adventurer, Ford chassis, so I'll assume mine would have this too.  I have been through all the wiring documentation, and have not found this, so your post is greatly appreciated.
the connector is below the large loom under dash pod it may be taped up su be patient ...its there trust me ..i had to get a hayns adapter that fits the stock ford connector i believe the wires are red black white and brown also i bougt a dapter for my specific controller ...be carefull not to go by wire color alone test with a voltage lite and write down what the ford function by color is then connect proper wire funtion per your specific controller

Im new to here also and just bought a 2003 Sightseer and need to add a box also. I 'll be looking under the flip up dash tonight!
Thanks.

3404 said:
Im new to here also and just bought a 2003 Sightseer and need to add a box also. I 'll be looking under the flip up dash tonight!
Thanks.

Here's a picture of the connector - at least in my 01 Adventurer - Ford chassis.  Hope it helps you find it. 

QM

Attachments

• BrakeConn.jpg
    BrakeConn.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 78
I have a '00 Adventurer and have looked and looked and looked and still can't find that connector. Can anyone give me a little better directions? Since my RV already has a 6 way connector installed under the rear bumper, is it possible the connector as seen in the photo is already hooked to something?

I did find that plug on my '03 Sightseer. When I flipped the Dash (I assume they all do this?) up to see under it it was almost buried in the tangle of other wires and the heat ducting. Mine was almost in the center of the dash behind the gages and all the way towards the windshield almost tucked up under the front.

Finally found it on my '00 Adventurer! I can't believe where they had that thing buried. It was all the way to the front when you lift the dash, buried under some other cables.

Did you guys find the blue wire suppose to run from front to back of motorhome for brake ,can,t seem to find mine.Anyone have any idea where to look? Thanks

It's going to depend on year and model, I would expect, but on mine it came to a plug harness just at the end of the main frame, middle, where the Winnie add on frame extensions were mounted.  It's bundled with about 10 other wires.  It is shown in the wiring diagrams available from Winnebago.  Look for a large bundle of wires in a plastic corrugated sheath just after this connector that leads back to the OEM trailer connector.  The blue, red and ground (forget color) end in this plastic sheath, a few inches back from the connector.

I just slid under the coach with a flashlight, looked for wire bundles leading to back, center of the coach and found it right off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom