1999 fleetwood falling apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darrellguy

Ive been working on my coach for almost a year now I purchased it as a fixer upper it was in generally good shape only almost nothing worked I have countless hours and spent lots of money on my pride and joy I have recently discovered that all the frame work that fleetwood used to build the walls and storage compartments have rusted to the point of falling apart and the plywood mounted to the frames has rotted causing the exterior to buckle I can not believe a coach of this quality is falling apart. Has any one else had this problem? Should I sell or can this be fixed without major expense.

Sounds like there were a lot of water leaks that went unattended too long. Water seeping through the interior of the walls and down into the flooring leads to rot and rust.  The original quality doesn't have much to do with it.

Without inspecting it closely I couldn't attempt to recommend what to do.

I've looked everywhere on my Bounder it's a 99 model made by Fleetwood and have never seen any rust other than what you would normally find underneath it

mike eddleman said:
I've looked everywhere on my Bounder it's a 99 model made by Fleetwood and have never seen any rust other than what you would normally find underneath it

Same with my '97 bounder.  Luckily, I've never had any leaks either.  Mine has been housed in Kentucky and North Carolina since new and has seen very little winter use.  Maybe that helps.

Thanks for the reply  the problem seems mostly in the front end and below the floor line the plywood and frame are coming apart there were some leaks in the plumbing but not in these areas it seams the undercoating failed allowing the backside of the plywood to be exposed to the weather and that's were the problem began

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom