Source for Plastic T molding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fastgregg

I have searched just about every where to locate some plastic T molding to replace the piece that is cracked and falling out between the cab and chassis. It is a U shape, 1" inside with a t mold in the center
Any help finding one of these would be greatly appreciated

Not exactly sure what you have. Maybe if you could post a picture of the profile if you have a piece available. In the meantime this site has 1" T-molding in black and white, and this one has plastic u-channel in black or white, but the u does not have an insert barb and may have longer legs than what you have.

Thanks for the links. It appears what I have is double lip T molding. I will cal those guys on Mon
I thought I would never find it. Thanks again
Gregg

You may find that at a full service retail flooring store. Don't go to the big box stores, they don't have a clue and will waste your time.
Manufacturers- are Roppe, mannington, Burke/Mercer, and a few others. You can search their websites. Some places will want to sell you the track that it is supposed to go in. These are normally used in commercial applications to bridge like thicknesses of different material.

Gregg, I don't know your location, but if you are reasonably close to a major city, and can find a cabinet shop that does a lot of commercial plastic laminate work such as restaurant tables, desk tops etc.  and they will probably carry a stock of t-edge produts. They are used extensively in the industry.

I've done this job twice, including replacing two brittle mouldings just today.  Most T-mouldings available are lipless and so aren't great for edging walls in an RV.  With the exception of one I just found at the West & Barker link previously mentioned (thanks for that, by the way), I have been unable to find lipped T-mouldings anywhere near the width I need for my RV wall edges. 

I've just been resorting to using U-mouldings of the proper width, with Liquid Nails spread inside the mouldings, and they work fine.  I get mine from these folks, which is somewhat handy for me since one of their two HQs is within driving distance of my home.  They stock white and black in 12' sticks, and if I need a color (today I needed something akin to "peanut butter"), I just paint the white ones.

The styrene scribes really easily with a Dremel sanding wheel (curves) or hand file (slots), to accommodate sink and tub edges, shelves, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom