2011 QUARTZSITE Rally - Daily Activity Reports/Photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Buchanan

Last year Tom noted that the sign up thread contained so many posts that it was probably a good idea to start a separate thread for our daily activities once the rally got underway. I see the sign up thread has over 130 posts and has been read almost 6,000 times -- so thought I would start another thread now that members are beginning to arrive as we did last year to post daily activities and to post pictures members take during the rally.

So!!! When you arrive, let the rest of the forum know what's going on in Quartzsite -- and also, other members "love" to see pictures of our daily activities. . .  :) :)

Took a trip up to a place called Spanish wall, at the end of the trail is a 100 year old stone house, if you have atv, or jeep this is a good trip. Just east of Quartzite, it will take about 1 hr round trip, very interesting.

Attachments

• prospector1.jpg
    prospector1.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 110
The first official 2011 RVForum framily picture.  Oops, better put some names to the faces.

From the left; Paul, Marilyn, Bob, Laura, Dave, Ann.

Attachments

• Silly Al's.jpg
    Silly Al's.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 170
Yesterday we had visitors from the North.  Wally and Helaine Hepworth, and Dan and Marji West stopped by to say "hi".  They are both staying up north on Plomosa Road with other groups.  Sorry, that I didnt get any photographic "evidence of their visit.

Paul

Brewer's, Mahoney and Downs arrived today,1-19. Friends of  Bernie's are here too but without  name tags , I am lost. 

There is a fellow with a travel trailer right beside the  fire ring  and parked parrallel to it. I went over to be friendly and warn him of the  impending crowd.  He is here for the entire season.  I told him  40 rigs were about to descend on him and he said  " That's ok,just leave me enough room to  come and go as I need to dump and  fill with water.  We will likey make an " executive"  decision to move the fire ring as if we lite it, it would catch his rig on fire. Hopefully it will be warm enough to not even need a fire. Today was beautiful.

I packed up our laundry and drove home to Yuma to do our laundry and retrieve mail.  Think horses and crafts to make one or a big hat for the Derby.  This will be a good year for activity as the weather is forecast to be cooperative ( so far).  It is the desert.

Betty

It doesn't take long for Betty's organizing skills to kick into gear  ;D

Nice first pic Paul. We are wishing we were there....especially for PIZZA!
Everyone have a GREAT time.

Pics of the rigs that are here at Noon on Thursday.

Paul

Attachments

• From R to L, Bernie&Marlene, Bob&Laura, Paul&Ann, Dave&Marilyn.jpg
    From R to L, Bernie&Marlene, Bob&Laura, Paul&Ann, Dave&Marilyn.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Dave&Pam, Dan&Jennine.jpg
    Dave&Pam, Dan&Jennine.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 110
  • L to R, Wally&Helaine, Terry&Betty, Russ, Ray&Liza.jpg
    L to R, Wally&Helaine, Terry&Betty, Russ, Ray&Liza.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 126
OK here is the  first HELP WANTED ad.

Due to Bob B's absence, we need a campfire guru.  One to start fires, manage the rocks and direct the smoke away from me. Volunteers should  reply here ASAP or you will be appointed!  As for the Mayor of  RVForum Rally at Quartzsite  I think that position  is an appointed job and  "The" Committee will have to hold a meeting to nominate a mayor rather than going through the expense of an involved  special election.

I still have not heard from any of you about  making a horse. Six teams  will be provided with the basic frame and only your creativity will stop you from making a mighty fine entry into our Derby.
Also BIG HAT , think big hat, you know Kentucky Derby Style. If they can do it in  Louisville Kentucky, we can replicate the event in Quartzsite AZ.  What say you all???

But don't be intimidated, we will need fans and audience too.  But you will be the ones placing wagers( read spending  money)

I can't wait!

Betty

And yes I will be bringing coffee pot, coffee and table tomorrow when I return. Do we have a  coffee morning type person?  Don Miller did a fine job in the  past as has Ned.  I don't do mornings !

Pictures from tonight's Happy Hour.

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_2348 (550x413).jpg
    IMG_2348 (550x413).jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2349 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2349 (640x480).jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2350 (640x480) (500x375).jpg
    IMG_2350 (640x480) (500x375).jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 134
Here is the moon setting, and the sun rising this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_2341 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_2341 (800x600).jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2343 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_2343 (800x600).jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 70
"Betty, Oh Betty" (raising my hand high and jumping up and down in my seat at my desk)....lookie here.....(pointing at Paul) >>>>......Paul gets up early in the mornings, see his sun rise picture.....he can do coffee. 

Sure wish I were there.  I'm missing you all.

Marsha~

OK, thats were you are, I pulled in at about 2 pm yesterday couldn`t find anyone around so I went back to Q, will try again today.

OK  we are starting to get really organized.  LOTS of  new arrivals happened today. See Paul's update.

After introductions we decided on a few  activities.
Wear  your  name tag. See Mike L to give him  your name and he will make you one.
Daily walks  10 am
Happy Hour 4 pm
Morning Coffee, thank you Don M  8 am

Tuesday 4 pm 12 Days of  Quartzsite Skit  casting call has begun. A few vacancies still exist
Thursday Jan 27  Derby Races 4 pm
Saturday Jan 29  Potluck 3 pm

To be scheduled Hat  making event, possible Solar panel seminar, Rehearsals, birthday celebrations .  Stay tuned

Betty

Activities are subject to change pending weather. 

I only got a couple of pics at Happy Hour tonight.  Notice the circle is getting bigger, and there was a late arrival for Happy Hour.(Mike and Wendy)

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_2352 (640x480) (630x473).jpg
    IMG_2352 (640x480) (630x473).jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2354 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2354 (640x480).jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 106
Back
Top Bottom