2011 QUARTZSITE Rally - Daily Activity Reports/Photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, not yet. The Verizon signal here in QZ is terrible and I have a lot to upload so I am waiting till I get back to Vegas tomorrow to post them. I have a bunch of movies, panoramas and stills to post.
And, I am still in QZ and I am not done taking photos yet. We just had a sunset to die for. First one in 12 days that I have been here.

Wendy,

Just wanted to let you know that some people with a GPS found your geocaching stash today.

Bobbie & Fred

Don't think you're special because you have clouds and maybe rain....it was raining and slushing coming over the hump  to Pahrump and was spitting while I was in the hot tub this evening.

So far, I've done 2 loads of laundry, sat in the hot tub for 20 minutes then took a long, long, long hot shower before putting on nice clean clothes. Life is good.

BTW, the guy in line in front of us at Terrible's was paying $288 for a month and that included electric.

Thanks for letting us know someone visited the geocache. Mike checked it a little while ago and so far 3 people have "found" it at geocaching.com and that doesn't include Fred and Bobbie, Betty, and Lucy.

Wendy
ducking and running :)

Here's a few of our pictures from the QZ rally including a couple of the sunset tonight.

Attachments

• Awards.jpg
    Awards.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Wally.jpg
    Wally.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Rolf and Ann.jpg
    Rolf and Ann.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Mike and Gordon.jpg
    Mike and Gordon.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Cactus Sunset 1.jpg
    Cactus Sunset 1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 64
  • Cactus Sunset 2.jpg
    Cactus Sunset 2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 58
GREAT pictures Rolf. I especially like the Saguaro Sunset and the one with my two Boys.

Wendy
Pahrump NV

Wendy,

It's kind of a ghost town around here without all you guys.  Pancake Bill and I were out taking pictures of the sunset tonight and it was windy and rather chilly.  Glad you liked the pics.  I'm sure Bill has some better ones coming.

Thanks Rolf. I'll get them in the photo gallery shortly.

Sunset tonight.  BTW, no fire tonight, windy, chilly, and Don didn't start the fire.  Plus, Tom parked so close to the ring we were afraid the wind would have caught it on fire!

Attachments

• IMG_5066.jpg
    IMG_5066.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 48
Monday AM.  Partly cloudy, nice sunrise, mostly deserted desert.  Countdown to our driving back to the Canyon.  Great time here, one heck of a way to take time off from the HellHole we are slaves at.  (G)..  2 months to go up there and time off then to Yellowstone! 

Enjoy Death Valley, see some of you in the Canyon and more of you at Yellowstone!

Safe travels all

Bill & Jolene............Koda

Tom said:
Thanks Tom!

Hey, you could always Photoshop yourself into the picture.
OK, I think I will Photoshop myself in.

Attachments

• QZ group 2.jpg
    QZ group 2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 88
OK thanks.

Reminds me of a time when the exec staff of a corporation had a photo shoot for the obligatory annual report. One guy was overseas that day, and the photographer Photoshopped him into the final picture. However, the PS'd image made him look 7 feet tall, and he stood out like a sore thumb against the rest of us.

I don't know what the pro photographer charged, but I'd have expected him to keep a sense of perspective. But we did have fun teasing our "big brother" for some time after that.

While in Q I took a real close look at my front tires.  They have been approaching their 7th birthday and have been checked by tire prfessionalls about every 6 months.  This time I looked (it has been about 7 months), and saw cracking starting to show.  Including a cracking near the bead.  Didn't sleep well last night, well it wasn't bad, but decided to make a stop and replace them today.  One advantage of 16" tires, (yes, just 16's), the cost is less and Sam's Club can handle you.  So, Sam's in Avondale put 2 fresh tires on and I will sleep like a baby tonight.  Of course, now that all 6 tires have been replaced, I have to be careful about looking at newer coaches. 

Waved on the 101 near Surprise in case anyone was looking, and we are in Cordes Lake for the night.  Back to the Canyon tomorrow.  the 'Hell Hole' is a term of endearment!  Some folks asked where we could possibly go on vacation FROM Grand Canyon.  Flat spot of course!

Tom, did you leave real easrly or just go for breakfast?

PancakeBill said:
While in Q I took a real close look at my front tires.  They have been approaching their 7th birthday and have been checked by tire prfessionalls about every 6 months.  This time I looked (it has been about 7 months), and saw cracking starting to show.  Including a cracking near the bead.  Didn't sleep well last night, well it wasn't bad, but decided to make a stop and replace them today.  One advantage of 16" tires, (yes, just 16's), the cost is less and Sam's Club can handle you.  So, Sam's in Avondale put 2 fresh tires on and I will sleep like a baby tonight.  Of course, now that all 6 tires have been replaced, I have to be careful about looking at newer coaches. 

Waved on the 101 near Surprise in case anyone was looking, and we are in Cordes Lake for the night.  Back to the Canyon tomorrow.  the 'Hell Hole' is a term of endearment!  Some folks asked where we could possibly go on vacation FROM Grand Canyon.  Flat spot of course!

Tom, did you leave real easrly or just go for breakfast?
\
I left early. I much prefer to travel at the crack of dawn. Much less traffic, few cops and no drunks.

Back
Top Bottom