2011 QUARTZSITE Rally - Daily Activity Reports/Photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paul & Ann said:
I only got a couple of pics at Happy Hour tonight.  Notice the circle is getting bigger, and there was a late arrival for Happy Hour.(Mike and Wendy)

Hey, It's not our fault Arizona keeps crazy time ! And you'll notice that we drove straight to Happy Hour, not even stopping to park the coach or walk the dog :)

Wendy

How are things working out with the errant trailer by the fire ring?  What is the Borg thing?  Resistance is futile.

PancakeBill said:
How are things working out with the errant trailer by the fire ring?  What is the Borg thing?  Resistance is futile.

The desert is big and it is first come first served out here .  SO a portion of our group will do the  Blue job of relocating the rocks to our new fire ring. No big deal at all.  The fellow( Jim)  has been invited to join our group and has not yet taken us up on the offer but the week is early!  Flexibility is key.  We are  having a blast!
Betty

Wendy said:
Hey, It's not our fault Arizona keeps crazy time ! And you'll notice that we drove straight to Happy Hour, not even stopping to park the coach or walk the dog :)

Wendy

Sure it is. AZ's time is the sanest in the country. It is always the same, never this Daylight Savings Time rigmarole :D :D . Driving from CA to AZ you always have to remember whether is is DST or ST. If CA wouldn't keep changing it's clock all the time, AZ would always be an hour later.

But you parked the coach and walked the dog before you "joined" the happy hour ::) .

The rally start is official.  The fire has been lit.

Attachments

• _D1_9868.JPG
    _D1_9868.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 115
The other pics

Attachments

• _D1_9864.JPG
    _D1_9864.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 92
  • _D1_9860.JPG
    _D1_9860.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 100
It took each and every rally attendee, some shame, and a quad to move the fire ring from last year's site to this new awesome spot. Then the Fire Ring Coordinator had to rearrange every rock that was placed before the cermonial first fire was lit !

I do hope you numbered the rocks so they were replaced in the correct positions.

Wendy said:
It took each and every rally attendee, some shame, and a quad to move the fire ring from last year's site to this new awesome spot. Then the Fire Ring Coordinator had to rearrange every rock that was placed before the cermonial first fire was lit !

Pat and I want to thank whomever for moving our rocks.  Sorry we can't be there this year but Great Grand Ma has to get her GGrand kid fixes this spring!!  She now has 8!!  :)

Maybe next year.

Does anyone have any information on the coach that burned down off of Plomosa tonight? We caught it from about 500 yards out and it had peaked before QFD arrived :(

A few pics from yesterday including a 'before' and 'after' of the reconstructed fire ring.

Attachments

• DSCN0481 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0481 [640x480].JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0486 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0486 [640x480].JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN0487 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0487 [640x480].JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN0488 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0488 [640x480].JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN0490 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0490 [640x480].JPG
    46 KB · Views: 91
Terry reports his Davis Weather machine indicates  low temp last night in Quartzsite of 47.  At 9 am it is 52 with wind gusts of 18 so it is a bit breezy today . Sustained wind speeed is  8.7 .  Coffee is hot and  Don is manning that station awaiting the gathering of walkers who will leave at 10 am.  Life is good.

Betty

Betty:  Talk up the Wildflower Scramble in April.  Like to have a few more coaches.  I also hope, you will be willing to put together a game of two for the group.

Wish we were there, but will be headed for Death Valley behing the QZ group.  We expect to be there late February into March.

Ned said:
I do hope you numbered the rocks so they were replaced in the correct positions.

Vertical location letters, horizontal location numbers, and color coding for proper placement :)

Wendy

1-23-11
A hearty group walked in the desert  wind today at 10 am.  Some took a short cut and a nap and or medication following the walk.

Many of us  called the "Breeders Cup" created the  4 horses that will run in the Desert Derby on Thursday.  The horses have fine lineage and creative components. I can't tell you how many laughs we had in creating our fine thoroughbreds.

We held the  12 Days of Quartzsite Skit dress rehearsal  tonight following Happy hour.  What a cast I have assembled  (er uh who " volunteered")  I sure hope we have  vidoes and or photos to record the talent that will be showcased on Tuesday.

We had a few more  new arrivals today. And some Brave souls volunteered to be in the show! 
Wendy  reviewed the rules for the group and the Sheriff ( Jim Johnson) collected fines ( .25)  of the ones not wearing name tags.  If it was your first night you were excused from this rule. Jerry F has paid up way  in advance so if you get called on this just tell the sheriff to put it on Jerry's account.

Introductions were made at Happy hour and Terry  gave a tiribute to Fred and Daisy Thomas who are considered the  " Grand founding parents of RVForum rallies.  Sigh,,,,recall accoustic couplers.
Betty

A spontaneous activity was schedued.  It is a  4 wheel drive ride  up on the Ridge on Monday 1/24/11 at 9:30 am.  Bring your lunch and chairs.  It will require 4 wheel drive with street legal vehicles.

This is tomorrow Monday 1/24  so be  glad you follow our posts.

Betty

Back
Top Bottom