Verizon broadband at QZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

How is the Verizon reception at Tyson's Wash QZ?  I am hoping to use my Verizon Mifi router rather than have to put up my Hughesway sat.

Smoky

Good VZW service when we were there last year Smoky. However, I don't know what impact the VZW/Apple contract will have. Lots of iPhone users now on the VZW network.

Last year it started off good, then became almost unusable as I assume more people arrived and over-taxed the system.

I had to restart my Datastorm contract in order to have decent speeds.

Don't worry about the iPhones, the phone isn't available to Verizon Wireless users until February 10.  However, there are a lot of Android phone users now on VZW.

Here are speed test results with the mi-Fi at 7:21 this AM.

Paul

Attachments

• 1121275710.png
    1121275710.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 40
Smoky said:
Paul:

In plain English, is that result any good?  Also what software is that?

Thanks,
Smoky

That test is from www.speedtest.net

Also, I believe that "x2" means that the person who uses it, agrees with the other poster.

Paul

X2 = +1 It's the new math :(  How hard is it to say I agree?

two2go said:
Anyone have any experience there with Virgin Mobile? Did I just hijack this thread?

My Virgin Mobile connection is very erratic; sometimes reasonably fast down to no connection at all.

Paul

Ned said:
X2 = +1 It's the new math :(  How hard is it to say I agree?

It's because everyone is getting used to texting, and on forums such as this, there are too many of us not familiar with the short hand they use.  I wish they would use English, too,  Ned

Daisy

I have often wondered why people text.  ???

It is actually more expensive than, say, a Verizon to Verizon voice call.  My wife texts because our children and grandchildren never answer a voice call.  But why they text still is a mystery to me?  You can't get near the info bandwith of a voice call. I can even understand sending pictures.  But texting?

Are there any advantages to texting?  Probably are and I just don't get it.  It sure is popular with the young people.

Smoky

>>Anyone have any experience there with Virgin Mobile? Did I just hijack this thread?>>

Extremely slow..... 0.05 Mb/s down: 0.06 Mb/s up.  Satellite is the only thing functioning properly.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Extremely slow..... 0.05 Mb/s down: 0.06 Mb/s up.  Satellite is the only thing functioning properly.

Terry:

Are those your Virgin Mobile speeds or Verizon?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom