Slide Topper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itchn2go

The slide topper roller on the drivers side slide on my 05 Journey is bent in slightly ,  in one area of the roller about three feet from the front.
This causes the topper to roll out jerkily(?) in the spot and causes the slide to jerk out and not go out smoothly. It comes in just fine.
I must have hit something with the roller and bent it in causing the problem. Anyone had anything like this happen and what is the fix? Thanks

They are not that hard to replace. Me and a nephew replaced one of mine in a couple of hours. Just be sure to have two good ladders.

You can get a replacement roller tube from various dealers or online parts sources such as PPL RV Parts. They carry both A&E and Carefree parts. See their online parts catalog here:

http://www.rvdealership.com/rvdstore/index.aspx?CustomerNumber=885555

Select Awning as the category and use the index on the left side to find your make and model of topper.

You can replace it yourself with reasonable handyman skills, but a helper & two ladders is advised. Makes the job much easier. Instructions comes with the parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom