RV roof waterproofing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3652jdb

Just wanted to let everyone know I was at the RV Supershow in Cleveland Ohio a couple weekends ago and ran across a new waterproofing system for an RV. There is a company close to Akron called RV Roof Shield. They offer a 12 year warranty on the system against leaks and the product peeling off your roof. I scheduled my coach last week and am very pleased with the job they did. They were very nice and knowledgeable. I think this is the future of RV roofing. Look them up on the web. www.rvroofshield.com

I have a 2007 Itasca. I was just so impressed with the demonstration i saw and with the product. I will not have to worry about roof maintenance NO CAULKING!!! for the next twelve years. I am getting to old to be climbing up there and they put this waterproofing system on for what the dealer would charge me to caulk.

Caulking is always an option, but I (as well as many other RV owners) sealed all my seams with Eternabond tape.  When applied correctly (which is pretty simple), it's a lifetime repair by most standards.  No more caulking for me either, and 2 rolls of 4"x50' tape cost me a little over $100.  :)

The Roofshield folks don't have any prices posted on their website that I found... how much did it cost on your '07 Itasca?

I have been RVing for over 40 years and this is my 3rd unit. On my previous RV I used the eternabond tape and it worked well. The tape is definitely not a lifetime repair as over time the rain and ice work on the backlaps that buck water and eventually cause the tape to delaminate and peel. The Roofshield product ties in with a smooth transition and eliminates all seams. This is just one of the many benefits of this product. If you really want to know about the product I would suggest calling or emailing them. I normally do not post on forums but I was so impressed with this product I wanted to share the info. It was about $700.00 to have this product installed on my RV.

Sounds interesting!  Feel free to stick around, we can always use 40+ year RV veterans to teach us some more tricks of the trade.  ;)

I will stick around! I have been viewing your forums for quite some time and it is a great community.  I am normally a reader and not a poster. One of the best parts of RVing is getting out there and meeting wonderful people that have something in common with you. My family has made some great friendships that will last a lifetime through RVing. Family is what it is all about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom