Reclining seat/bed - need more comfort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dutchboy

I have a 2008 Pleasureway Plateau. The reclining seat/bed has 3" of memory foam on it, but it still is quite hard. (Maybe I'm getting too old). Most of the Class B's have the same type of bed. Wondering if anyone else had this issue and what to do.

Good start on the age.

In the mid 80's, 2" foam was enough for my 13 hr and 20 min of driving  trips to Omaha and 4 hrs of sleeping in my Honday Civic Moon Wagon flatened passenger seat. I couldn't do that today. Trade the memory foam for a good airmatress and see if that helps. Memory foam can be unforgiving for old bones and joints. At 69, I'm watching bedding too.

You have raised an interesting question ... especially since I am on the verge of purchasing my Winnebago ERA. I tried the coach/bed for about 1/2 ... which I know in not nearly enough time. It "seemed" OK but I have this feeling that my old bones are going to suffer as time goes by.

I figure that when I need a nap I won't bother putting the coach done into a bed ... and in the evening I'll just lie on the coach. At bed time ... I need my creature comforts and will have to put the coach down into a bed ... not sure how I am going to make the bed ... perhaps just a comforter type blanket to lay on and sheet/comforter/blankets as need for warmth. And of course a good comfortable pillow.

Obviously the comfort of the coach/bed is a personal thing but IF there is anyone else out there that has any experience or thoughts on this issue perhaps you can join in the conversation.

SMBReno said:
We use self inflating camping pads (REI) over - much more comfortable.

Thanks SMBReno ...

I just checked them on-line. I will check into one. It might be what the doctor ordered. More comfortable and save the leather fabric a little as well.

Thanks again.

Karsty

Back
Top Bottom