Vintage Car Races

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
All:

While out looking for Photo Ops on Friday, I discovered the Vintage Race Car event going on at Phoenix International Speedway.  Racing all weekend, so I went over early on Saturday to enjoy and get some photos.  To my surprise, I was given Press Credentials and a Jacket.  Had free run of the place.  I spent about 4 hours there.  Could have gone back today, but with the Super Bowl today and preparation to head back to Texas, I decided against it.  It actually would be a better day for photos since it is overcast.

There were about 125 cars present and filling several classes.  I think there were many levels of drivers there.  Some Novice and some Professional.  Since we have limited photo posting, I have attached 5 shots just to give you a little hint of the activity. 

Attachments

• Vintage Car Races 009 (Small).jpg
    Vintage Car Races 009 (Small).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Vintage Car Races 024 (Small).jpg
    Vintage Car Races 024 (Small).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Vintage Car Races 117 (Small).jpg
    Vintage Car Races 117 (Small).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Vintage Car Races 001 (Small).jpg
    Vintage Car Races 001 (Small).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Vintage Car Races 265 (Small).jpg
    Vintage Car Races 265 (Small).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 65
You were ver 8)y fortuante to be there.  Sounds like a wonderful time and nothing more fun for people who live on wheels.  Last track I went to was in Spa, Belgium and saw some vintage and not so vintage cars doing their thing.  It was eventful.

One last thing to say.  Folks who live in Deming NM have a racetrack just East of town.  It has everything from motorcycles to Porsches/Corvettes.  Fun to do or watch!  Phil

Jerry and Ardra Fitzgerald are visiting Wisconsin on their way to the Indy 500 and will be my guests for the SVRA (Sportscar Vintage Racing Association) race weekend May 19-21. Many cars, about 300 at last count, from Bobsey and Lotus 7's thru Can Am, Indy, and F1 cars will be on display and RACED! They don't know it yet, but they'll be working a corner with me and get "up close and personal" with cars going nearly 200 mph! :eek: :eek: :eek: 

Don't anyone tell them - I want it to be our little secret! ;D

Back
Top Bottom