'11 QZ Attendees -Take a look for me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Maxwell

Moderator Emeritus
I have been looking at Classic GMC motorhomes and two are at the top of my list.

This one, owned by john Ruff is where you can view it!

>>To: John Ruff Sent: Wed, January 19, 2011 10:42:55 PM

Bob: John, I'm heading for Plano and several meetings and time with my Anglican
bishop. Be back in a week and will get in touch.

John: Enjoy.  Sitting here in my GMC in Quartzsite AZ for the big RV rally.  They anticipate in excess of 750,000 people will show up.  They liked my coach so much they let me park it right beside the entrance to the show so that everyone who enters will see it :)<<

Here's the list John sent me while on the road:

>>#1 If you do not purchase that coach [near Estelle's family] -- you might consider mine.

My coach is probably one of the best when it comes to condition in the country.  Everything works on it and it has been gone over by JimK in the last six months.

It has been painted as an ASU Theme coach but the decals can be removed.

I would invite anyone to bring a microscope and try to find anything wrong with it.  The list of improvements on it is too long to list but if you become interested I will gladly send them to you.

Here are some pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Ahrmless/GMCASU#

I will accept $ X for this coach. 

I love this coach and hate to sell it but my wife is physically incapable of going anywhere in it anymore.  My suggestion is NEVER GET OLD!

#2 John: I don't have a ready made up list to what all has been done to it but here are some.

The engine is in perfect condition.  The engine has excellent compression.
MSD electronic timing advance added
High end spark plug cables
Springfield ignition curved distributor with a new coil & module
Tachometer
Vacuum gauge
Upgraded radio with am/fm/cd and Sirius radio
Light wire dash labels (lights/etc)
All bulbs except the bathroom have been converted to quality led's
All Alcoa wheels including the spare
Michlin tires
New air bags (one month old - original)
New master leveling control valve ($350)
A/C - all dash air components replaced (compressor/dryer etc)
Washable engine air filter
Cruise control works
New fuel hoses -
New fuel senders
Onan generator upgraded to electronic ignition
All wheel bearings have just been replaced
New proportioning valve
Aluminum radiator
Split shroud on radiator
Radiator mount modified to make it quick removal
New 195 degree thermostat
New HD fan clutch
Halogen headlights
Original roof air conditioner replaced with a heat pump (nice :)
The whole interior was replaced
Crank up TV antenna with amplifier
19" Drop down HD TV
Full awning with good canvas
Sunbrella full front window cover for parked privacy
Original brakes - Onan 6k
It also has new stainless steel straight through mufflers.  The engine is a 455.

I would need to dig out the receipts to come up with a better list - this has all been done from memory.

I am going to Quartzsite and have hired Dan Gregg to assist me in the LED booth in the big tent.  I will get there on the 19th.

Some of the pictures here show the old roof air conditioner.  It now has a heat pump.

I sure wish I could lose 55 pounds!  I am having difficulty getting used to this boot on my foot.  I am apprehensive about standing on my foot for this upcoming show.  Getting old stinks!

At least your problem was successfully fixed.

The bottom line on this coach is that I would not be afraid to drive it across the United States.  I know I have forgotten a lot of stuff that has been done to it.  It is in as good as condition as a coach can be.

John Ruff<<

Stop by the LED booth where John and Dan are working, John has a boot cast,  and say "Hi for me and our RV Framily!

Give me your opinion, please.

Looks pretty nice in the pictures, especially if an ASU fan.  If not, hope your school is red and yellow.
I'll be sure to take a peek when we get there.

One step at a time God willing, and if it works out, it works out. I get one shot at buying with God's $$$ the most I can without a major referb involving $$$. A lot of the GMC coaches have been treated like '57 Chevrolets, Hudsons, GTOs and original Corvets and Mavericks and are coming on the market.

Colors may not be my choice, but it is a very good paint job and what is underneath is outstanding. I'd prefer purple and white, AU, and a Screaming War Eagle!

I'm prayerfully and carefully doing my homework.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom