Bob Buchanan - won't be at QZ this year.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Buchanan

Around the the 1st week in January I began having problems - that was thought to be a stomach virus.  I then delayed my trek to QZ until I was pretty sure it had all cleared. Unfortunately, it has returned during the first short leg of  that trek down the 5 in CA - so will be returning to the Santa Nella area for now. Will then be going to Kaiser for further tests.

The sign up list is pretty complete other than the most recent changes posted. So hopefully you can just print it out to make sure everyone arrives OK if they are still planning to attend. The best way to print it is to highlight the list, then print with the Selected option.

As most of you know, QZ is the main event of my RVing year. So I will miss you all very much. . .

Bob, sorry to hear of your latest medical problems.  You will be missed at QZ, but get healthy so you can get back on the road.

It's hard to even imagine the Quartzsite gathering without you, Bob.  I hope you're all checked out, recovered, and back on the road soon.

Margi

We will miss you, Bob.  We've missed once or twice but you're ALWAYS there.  Take care of yourself and get back on the road SOON!

Ardra and Jerry too

Bob, Oh No! we cant function without our Mayor. We will miss you bunches. I will try to fill your shoes for the few days but you must get better soon. Thank goodness we have Wendy all trained. And Paul has said he will help keep the signup sheet straight. Please, please get better soon.
Hugs and more hugs
Helaine

Holy Moly, Bob, that sucks ! How will Sweet Darlene's survive without you in Qtz ? Looks like Helaine will have to step in as Mayor while I do the Whistle Blower job and Betty handles the Entertainment Coordinator job and Paul keeps up the sign-up sheet. But who will step up as the campfire guy? Any volunteers? Involves building the campfire ring as well as building the campfires.

Do what your doctors tell you to do, take care and get well.

Wendy

Bob: sorry to hear you are not feeling good. Laura and I were hoping to meet you. Get well and we will meet you next year. By the way the weathr here is great. Take care.  Bob and Laura Schultz

Sorry about the health issues.  I won't be there either, but you will be the one missed.  Not the same place without you.  Take care of yourself.

Bob:

Sorry you aren't going to make it. We'll miss you at breakfast at Taco Mio.

Bob:

Just saw this thread and the Admiral and I are devastated.  You are the MAIN reason we go to QZ!

Just finished reading the thread where an RV is parked on you campfire location.  Next thread I read was this one and now I know the reason why.  We don't arrive until Sunday, but we will be happy to join the "rock" team to carry rocks to rebuild in another location.

The Admiral and I are praying for a speedy recovery!

Smoky

Bob,

We arrived today only to learn you won't be able to make it this year.  We are so sorry to hear that.  Please get well soon, so we can meet you somewhere along the road this year.  We didn't sign up because we didn't think we'd make it this year.  But we were "heavily" persuaded.

Daisy and Fred.

Bob,

We're sorry to hear about your problems. Hope all will be resolved soon! QZ won't be the same without you. I'm glad it isn't a result of the ride up the mountain we took a few years ago. :) Hope you will be on the road again soon. Still need to see that portfolio!!!

I hate it.  Had really looked forward to seeing you and spending some time with you as we usually do when we make it out here.  Hope you get it over with in a hurry.

Thank you very much for the comments I find on this thread -- they have warmed my heart. January here has been cold, foggy, or raining most of the time. And after looking at the pics from the rally and comments of the great time had by new members and veterans of QZ alike it is evident that a few weeks in January are well spent with a trek to the AZ desert.

As to my health, I finally know most of what is going on. Seems that on the 5th of January I had a 5 hour bout with abdominal pain that was first diagnosed as a virus. When fever subsided and I felt I was finally ready for QZ on the 17th I got a late start from Santa Nella due to the heavy fog and made it to Lost Hills (about 35 miles N or Bakersfield on the 5). Unfortunately, that evening the pain returned, lasted all night -- and the closest hospital was in Bakersfield. Kaiser advice nurses "did" got me through the night. It was then strongly suggested I return for tests.

Those results finally received last Thursday showed a really screwed up gallbladder that I must now part company with plus some other issues that are yet to be resolved. The surgeon assigned to me explained what would be happening -- then explained he was being scheduled 2 months out. Fortunately, was given a call on Friday that he had moved me to the head of the cancellation line and set me up for Wednesday, 2/2. Not sure if he moved me up due to the seriousness of my case or that he was very interested in the RVing lifestyle as I explained having to move my home from Santa Nella to Roseville, CA for the op.

Anyway, I made it to the CalExpo RV park yesterday and will be moving out to Loomis, CA today (just beyond Roseville). Have completed all the pre op stuff and am good to go on Wednesday. Will receive a call on Tuesday as to what time the op will happen. Am feeling just so-so other than totally run down plus have lost almost 20 lbs so far. The diet to avoid the pain is a far cry from the QZ pot luck.  :(

Thank you all again for your thoughts. Betty, thank you for checking on me. And Paul -- you did a great job with the list thing. It has been hard as a hurting solo RVer to keep up with letting those that care know what is going on while out here on the long longsome highway. However, over the past 15 years as a solo full timer it has been comforting to know that if in "real" trouble, it would only take a few phone calls to get help from family, or, from the RV Forum framily.

BTW, I especially enjoyed the images and tale of moving the fire ring!! That was special . . .  :)

Good to hear from you Bob. Sorry to hear about the gallbladder. Good luck on Wednesday.

Bob:

So sorry to hear that you'll be losing that nasty little ol' gall bladder thingy.  Don't know why humans need them anymore, since so many people are having them removed.  They seem to be a pesky little nuisence, and always going hay-wire at the most crucial times of ones life..... [I call your having to miss QZ VERY crucial indeed.]  I do sincerely hope that the upcoming op will solve all your ills.  Take care friend,

Daisy 

Bob:  I had mine out just a couple of years ago.  Bladder attack is quite painful, so I know what you are going through.  Good luck with the surgery and you will be back to normal is a short time.  Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom