Bob Buchanan - won't be at QZ this year.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bob,

We missed you at QZ this year.  You would have loved taking pictures of the beautiful sunset tonight.  First time we saw clouds all week.  Best of luck with the surgery and get well soon.

Bob, I'm sure many will be praying along with me for s simple surgery, a smooth recovery and a rehab that has you walking the way you want and adjusting to eating the way you need too. . .and facing the next issue from a place of strength!

Maybe next year Estelle and I will join with you baack in QZ, a very special place with our very precious framily.

Bob,

So glad to hear they are taking care of you. Don't worry about the gall bladder. I had mine out in 1990 and haven't missed it yet!  ;D ;D Hope any other problems will be minor and easily treated.

Sure hope we can get together again soon. Miss those times at the QZ campfires and that fun run we had up the mountain behind the rally site. :) Take care of yourself and keep us informed of your progress.

Bob Buchanan said:
Thank you all again for your thoughts. Betty, thank you for checking on me.

Bob,

Thanks for your word but the collective will of the group (who knows you ) was behind much of the motivation to " pry" into your health issues. You have lots of fans out there.  Keep us posted with the  details as you  know and care to share.  We are pulling for you.

Betty

Bob:

Well tomorrow is the BIG day and the Admiral (Sharon) and I have you in our prayers.

As usual (when we come to QZ which is not always) we are one of the few ones still here.  Yesterday we collected our chairs from the fire ring, and there is only one blue folding camp chair left.  I am not sure who's it is. 

It looks like our first timer friends we encouraged to come to the rally may be the last to leave - Glenn and Mary.  I wish you could have met them.  They just loved the Rally as first timers and are hooked and will be returning in the years to come.  I am sure you will enjoy meeting them next year as they will enjoy meeting you.  Every thing worked out fine for them as first timers.  Well just about everything.  They had one of their little campfire tables disappear at your fire ring at the pot luck supper.  We hoped it would re-appear, but guess that is not going to happen now that everyone is nearly gone.  But Glenn said the table was a small price to pay for a wonderful rally in the desert.

Glenn and Mary may be the last ones to pull out since Sharon and I are leaving this morning in about an hour and Glenn and Mary are staying at least another day.  They just can't tear themselves away from the sunsets and your fire ring.

There are two other RVs besides the two pairs of us but not sure who they are.  In fact, other rigs have pulled in as the Rally dissipated, and am not sure if there are any rally members left or not besides us.  The dawn is breaking as I type this (sun just below the horizon) and I am about to go outside and install the Brake Buddy.  I hitched the car up last night, so that job is done.  Am going to take one more stroll with my morning coffee up to say goodbye to the Bob Buchanan Fire Ring and then Sharon, Smoky, Sky, and Reba are off!

We pray you have a successful day tomorrow, my friend.  I am sure you will.  We greatly admire your energy as a solo RVer and we appreciate the special problems and logistics that involves.  The Admiral and I were talking about it a few minutes ago over coffee and realize how suddenly that could happen to one of us.  If I am the last one to turn out the light I am absolutely certain I will be joining your solo RVing lifestyle.  The Admiral, on the other hand, believes she would retire from the RVing lifestyle and return to family and a more "usual" lifestyle.  I love her for the time she is spending to roam with me and I am fortunate to have such a supporting and helpful mate.

Cheers Bob, and see you next year!!

Smoky, The Admiral, Sky, and Reba

I feel your pain.  I had my gall bladder out at age 27, 1985.  I had 3 full blown attacks before they figured out what was causing so much pain.  We counted 13 gall stones on the ultrasound.  I asked my doctor what about a diet and he told me eat what I want and if it bothers me then I have to judge wether it is worth the discomfort or not.  With the laproscopic surgery it should be much easier.  I have a 7 inch scar. 
God bless and get well soon.

The biggest disappointment for my QZ trip this year was that I did not get a chance to meet you, Bob. Hopefully next year. Have a speedy recovery.

Bob, you were sorely missed this year.  It was one of the nicest QZ rallies for weather that we can recall.  We wish you well on your operation and a speedy recovery so you're back on the road.  We will see you down the road.

I had the labroscopic surgery about 15 years ago.  Recovery was a breeze compared to the pain which preceded it.  Hang in there, Bob.

Margi

You know we'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Bob, and wishing you the very best.  Speedy recovery!

Hugs,
Ardra and Jerry

My operation was successful and I am now back in my RV at the Loomis RV park in Loomis, CA.

The surgeon said my GB was about as bad as any he had ever seen - so the op took longer plus I spent an extra day in the hospital afterwards. Am told the pain pills will get me through the next few days OK and then I can begin thinking of when I can get back on the road. I hope that will be soon. Laparoscopic surgery was still used though more emphasis was placed on a drain tube and the incision involved than usual.

The other issues I had mentioned have also now been resolved. Seems the ultra sound done for the GB also uncovered some problems with my pancreas plus minor inflammation of my liver. The liver thing should clear up now that the GB has been removed. However, they wanted a catscan to check for cancer in the pancreas. I found out earlier today that that was benign - so was of course greatly relieved (to say the least).

Have read the notes here several times in the past few days, my friends -- and I can say for sure that the thoughts expressed here really helped me along over the past few weeks. Thank you again and again for this. Will for sure look forward to QZ next January and being with you all again even more so than any year in the past.

Hey -- looks like I may still get to see some spring training baseball at the Goodyear Ballpark after all.  :)

Bob  Glad to hear you are on the mend.  Missed meeting you at Q, hopefully we may be able to get there next year.  Next winters plans are not even close to gelling yet. 

That's definitely wonderful news all round Bob. Having the pancreas issue hanging over you must have been a huge concern, so that news must be especially welcome.

Great news, Bob.  I'm sure you're anxious to get back on the road.

Very good news, Bob!  Especially the part about being able to get back on the road and resuming your life.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom