EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Michelin Tires  (Read 2227 times)

mercoupe50

• ---
  • If first you don't succeed, read the instructions.
    • WAAAM Museum
Michelin Tires
« on: February 09, 2011, 05:09:33 PM »
Once in a while you come across a post that scares the H out of you.  I have these tires on my rig.  I know how some people blow-up issues but I am at least a slight bit concerned.  What do you think?  Here is the post.  He doesn't trust them but he still has them on his RV?

This pass summer I had 3 blowouts with Michelin XRV tires.I heard It many times you were underinflated, bull. When my last tire blew I asked the rode service man to check pressure in all my tires, they were properly inflated. Had work done at a tire dealer in Sarasota, I was told they did not carry XRV tires and would not have them in there store. He said they were nothing but trash! I had 1 tire left that had not been replaced, Michelin agreed to replace it at no cost. When the tire was removed it had a bubble 1 inch wide and 7 inches long on the inside wall. I've just purchased a tire pressure monitor, because I don't trust these tires. A couple of months ago someone reported of a fatal accident due to a XRV blowout. These tires are not safe for a motorhome. I have Michelin tires on my car and truck, have had them for years without any problems. Good luck.

David 
2012 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
Freightliner Chassis
450 Cummins
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit
Unified Tow Brake System
Washington State
USAF Vet

mercoupe50

• ---
  • If first you don't succeed, read the instructions.
    • WAAAM Museum
Re: Michelin Tires
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 05:46:46 PM »
More on the subject.  http://www.aboutautomobile.com/Tire/Complaint/Michelin/XRV/Tire

Kinda makes me want to go out and replace my 5 year old tires with 12000 miles on them.

Which tire have a good reputation?  None the less I just bought some pressure-pros.
David 
2012 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
Freightliner Chassis
450 Cummins
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit
Unified Tow Brake System
Washington State
USAF Vet

Hosted by Over The Network