Do you have a name for your RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EKB

My wife and I have been having a discussion for what would be an appropriate name for our RV.  I thought it would be fun to throw the question out to the group and see if others have names for their projects and what thought went into picking the name.

EKB

We named our truck Guss after Guss in the movie Lonesome Dove because he was so tough and our fiver is named after his love, Clara.  Guss and Clara do real good together......

My favorite RV name belongs to Wally and Helaine Hepworth's Class A - "Cramalot Inn"

Margi

Our first 4 RVs were boats which always have to be named.  So when we bought our first RV with wheels we named it.  BAGO as in Winne-BAGO.  We carried this tradition on to our first toad, "Shorty" the smart car.

Our boat was called "Montana Sky" and roamed the Chesapeake.  People saw the name on the stern and asked us how we got it to the Chesapeake.  Without blinking we told them we brought it down the Missouri, then to the Mississippi, into the gulf, around the keys and up the inland waterway.

When we decided to move to a land yacht, we named it "Big Sky".  We also decided not to paint the name on the stern.  Although the same question would have generated a much simpler and more truthful answer.

Smoky

Hi,
We don't usually refer to the MH by name (although the GPS is Nag), but if we did, it would be "Sleeps Two" and the Jeep with kayaks, etc would be "Toys for Two"
Ernie

We didn't paint the name on the stern of the coach, just used a tag. :)

Attachments

• BagoTag2 (Small).jpg
    BagoTag2 (Small).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 12
We named our class 'C' "Pumpkin".  The DW says it's her Cinderella coach.  My 1st choice was "haRVey", but I don't always get to make choices. :'(  Our toad is "Coors".  It's a silver Jeep Wrangler (silver bullet).

We call ours Gloria. Check the pictures and see if you see the resemblance.

Attachments

• DSCF1200 (Small).JPG
    DSCF1200 (Small).JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF1642 (Small).JPG
    DSCF1642 (Small).JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 120
My first RV (still have it) is a Coleman Pop Up, named "Hotel Collapso".

The second (a "C") was " Casa del Cuello Roho" or House of the Red Neck.

The current Bounder, named for or first major trip to Alaska is the "OnaQwest".
North Carolina DMV wouldn't give me the obvious correct spelling.

Attachments

• DCP_0162.jpg
    DCP_0162.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 49
Then there are some of us that don't.  Named our boats, my favorite naming was for our first boat, Sea Shuttle.  It had a name when we bought it, but we changed.  Original name was a Polish word for Back and Forth.  It ws a sailboat.  Appropriate, and Shuttle, being a back and forth stayed in the spirit.  It was a Columbia, the name of the first Space Shuttle, and we bought it at the time of the first launch.  It just fell in together. 

However, the RV's never got named.  Not sure why not, just didn't. 

"Rose" as in Desert Rose, which is the interior name. The RV earned the name on our first night in a campground after we bought it. We were walking to the office, looked back, and there was a campground street sign next to the coach that said "Desert Rose."

Back
Top Bottom