Do you have a name for your RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cindy named the Damon Intruder "Trudy".

I've often wondered about the guy at Damon who came up with the original name.  Especially when it's the only motorhome in a serene forest campground filled with tent campers.

I don't really refer to mine by name, but I've thought about getting a "Rockwood Guard Station" sign made for it.  The significance being that my grandma worked for the forest service for many years and for about the last ten stayed in a cabin named Woodrock Guard Station, so having bought a Rockwood trailer the similarity is too obvious to ignore. :)

cybertron said:
I don't really refer to mine by name, but I've thought about getting a "Rockwood Guard Station" sign made for it.  The significance being that my grandma worked for the forest service for many years and for about the last ten stayed in a cabin named Woodrock Guard Station, so having bought a Rockwood trailer the similarity is too obvious to ignore. :)

Do it!  You've got a cool backstory to go along with the sign.  :)

As soon as we ordered our new coach ( last week), we started talking about naming it and the toad.  My husband and I both have threw out a bunch of names, but nothing has "grabbed" us and said that's it.  We still have our thinking caps on and will let the forum know when it is decided.  I have only been on the site a few weeks and love going in here nearly everyday to read the new posts.

Happy Camping and Hope to See You All on Down the Road!

We are "A Moving Target"

We've been trying to think of a name, but always seem to refer to her as "The Bird"

Have not named the RV, however have named the TV "The Beast"!  Little work time poking fun... told a friend with a regular pickup... "you don't have a truck, you got a car with a box stuck on the back".  Very good friends, so no insult was intended nor taken, they know I've waited very long for the new truck.  Then someone whipped out the ol' found on road dead thing....  :p  Seriously though, man are those dual wheels sweet while towing!  Looking for a super fun year with camping that's for sure.

We named our toad "Sammy's wheels".

Attachments

• driver.jpg
    driver.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 42
  • driver ed2.jpg
    driver ed2.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 45
We're still shopping for our 5er but plan to name it "The Tiltin' Hilton".

Ed

Our first TV was a GMC Suburban, we called it Wilburb.  I refused to call the TT Charlotte so we settled on Templeton.

I've been flip-flopping over this and as mom would say "I'm "6 to 1 & half dozen to the other"on it.  I ended up ordering a personalized plate instead.

"PLUCKY 8"

Plucky means brave, courageous, and gutsy.  Several people have used the word brave when they find out about my trailer and that I handle it on my own. 

Plucky was already taken so I had to add another character.  Numbers 1 & 2 were taken so I thought about using the letters I or B at the start but I wasn't ready to commit.  I also considered using the number 3 which would make sense as I'm the third child.  Then it clicked!  The number 8 is lucky in Chinese and means that your luck will go on and on.  This has to do with the loops in the number.  To me  Plucky 8 means that Braveness will go on and on....  

PS
Sometimes it seems that I'm running around in circles so maybe 8 has a double meaning ;D

My wife named our first motorhome. It was silver and black with red stripe. She called it "Silver Lady". When we got our second motorhome it was my turn. That was easy. It was emerald green so I named it "Emerald Lady". I should have named it "Check-a-Minute".

We named our fiver "The Turtle".  Whenever we go to one of our friends house for a party and figure we are going to drink to much to safely drive home, we drag the camper up with us so we have a place to crash.  Our friends started calling us the turtles because we bring our home with us, and it stuck... Sure does make for a long drive home somedays when your all hungover though, even if we never unhook....

Our 1993 Pinnacle was Penny the Beast, sort of a combination.  I called her Penny, and my wife called her the beast.  Not sure what to name the new one, but there is no doubt this one is a boy, so the name will probably have to be a boys name.  We'll come up with something we always do.

Jeff

Our Excursion TV is far and away the most massive vehicle we've ever owned. Driving it home on delivery day I couldn't help but think "this is a moose of a vehicle".
As any Rocky and Bullwinkle fan would know, Boris Badenov's nemeses were those constant companions, <Russian accent>"Moose and Squirrel" </Russian accent>, so our TT naturally is known as "Squirrel".
"Moose" proudly wears an image of his namesake on his rear quarter windows, as does "Squirrel" on his forward side windows.

Attachments

• MooseSquirrelDecals.jpg
    MooseSquirrelDecals.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 50
We have a 35' class A and tow a 26' utility trailer with the Susuki in it. We call the MH the "House", the trailer the "garage" and the car the "Jeep Jeep".

The wife has named the new (to us) Bounder King Charles.  (After King Charles II not the I)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom