RV Parks/Campgroungs in the Rochester, NY area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bailer6334

On our way to the Canadian Maritimes we would like to stop in Rochester,NY to visit relatives. Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations as were to stay close by?
Thanks

bailer6334 said:
On our way to the Canadian Maritimes we would like to stop in Rochester,NY to visit relatives. Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations as were to stay close by?

What part of Rochester? The closest campground that I am aware of is north of LeRoy just south of Exit 43 off I-90. However, if you are visiting relatives in Webster or east of Rochester, that is not very convenient, however is probably your best bet if visiting in the western or southwestern portion of Rochester. The campground is called Frost Ridge.

Richard

Bailer,

What time of the year are you planning this trip? If during the summer and and you are visiting in Greece or close by, we have a parking spot with electric (30 amp) and water you would be welcome to use for a few days. You can't beat the price!  :)

Richard

Richard,
The relatives are my wife's and I've only been back there twice in 20 years.  Usually she flies back and I stay home and take care of the cats. As I planned the trip it was a thought to stop and spend a day or two with her family. As to what part of Rochester they live in one brother lives on Belview Drive and the other brother lives on Northwood Drive. Can't tell you what side of the city there on. We are thinking of traveling in mid August to early September as not to hit cold weather in the Maritimes, but also maybe see the fall colors in the northeast. I appricate the offer as CG's appear to be pretty sparce in your neck of the woods. We will do this trip just not sure if its this year or next. Thanks again for the offer and I may take you up on it if it works for both of us.

Regards,
Richard

bailer6334 said:
As to what part of Rochester they live in one brother lives on Belview Drive and the other brother lives on Northwood Drive. Can't tell you what side of the city there on.

Richard,

Northwood Drive is within 0.5 miles from where we live in Greece and I believe that Belview Drive is in Irondequoit on the west side of Irondequoit Bay, about 10-11 miles from our house.

When it gets close to the time for your trip send me an email and we can make some plans. RSharp0914 at aol●com. Remind me that you are on the RV Forum.

Richard

RLSharp said:
Richard,

Northwood Drive is within 0.5 miles from where we live in Greece and I believe that Belview Drive is in Irondequoit on the west side of Irondequoit Bay, about 10-11 miles from our house.

When it gets close to the time for your trip send me an email and we can make some plans. RSharp0914 at aol●com. Remind me that you are on the RV Forum.

Richard

Wow, what a guy, very nice thing you just did!  I was born in Rochester, grew up living in Macedon, went to Penfield Schools.  Left in 83' for the Marines, worked at Kodak Elmgrove plant for a few years.  Only come back for visits now, still have family and a few friends there.

Back
Top Bottom