aussie family's usa trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nothing suss

Gday

Early last year (march and April) my family(me  my wife and 3 kids 3,10 and 12) and I took a 4 week holiday in USA,we stayed in la for a week and rented a motor home for the remainder.We left from LA and visited San Fransisco, Chico (sierra Nevada brewery), Reno, Las Vegas, Hover Dam, Grand Canyon, Phoenix (Nascar) and back to LA. I want to start by saying that America was everything my family and I expected,the country side is breath taking,the people are the friendliest we have ever meet.
Our whole trip was full of great experiences,we meet so many nice people,including people just wanting a chat too people inviting us home for dinner.
We rented a four wind 28 foot mh from cruise America and it didn't miss a beat. I was really pleased with the facilities at all the RV parks and the friendly nature of the staff. The food the service the shopping was all great,my wife was amazed by the choices available.We are all ready planing our next trip for 2013 and we are going to spend the whole time in the motor home, I cant wait.

Thankyou America

G'day to you too and thanks for the report. You probably went right by us when you drove to San Francisco.

One of these days we'll get down under without being on business, and see a little of your great country.

Only thing I can say is I an truly sorry :-[.  Spending your entire vacation in California is definitely NOT America.  IMHO it would be like going to Australia and spending the entire time in Sydney.  While you might have gotten a feel for the US you really did not get an honest impression of what this wonderful country is all about.  I would suggest that for the next vacation you start in Seattle or Portland.  Then you can see the Pacific Ocean, the Cascade Mountains, the Rock Mountains, Yellowstone National Park, Grand Tetons National Park, and Glacier National Park.  If time permitted a a side trip to places like the Great Salt Lake in Utah, and Pikes Peak in Colorado would not be out of the question.  Then you would have a taste of how vast and diverse( like your own) our country is.

Thanks for the good review of US hospitality - glad you enjoyed yourselves. With respect to Donn's remarks, there is indeed a lot of the USA left to see, with numerous different experiences, landscapes, and people. You've had a great sampling, but you ain't seen nothing yet!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the positive review.  So glad you all enjoyed yourselves enough to return.  Donn and Gary are right that there is just a bit more to see (although I would point out to Donn that California is at least a part of America) but you've gotten off to a good start.  The area you've already covered has many things yet to see... not the least of which would be Yosemite National Park.  We just completed a 10 month lap around much of the country ourselves and only scratched the surface.

Best of luck...

Rick

Thanks for the kind words. Next time visit Texas. As the State's tourism division says....It's a whole 'nother country;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom