FullTiming in Southern NY March - November?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrMister

Hello all,
Another RV newbie here.. just posted earlier today in introduce myself.

I'm a guy in my mid-twenties who is tired of paying rent and dealing with landlords - I'm ready for something new and different. I work a seasonal job (late March - mid November) in Southern New York State and I would like to try living full-time in an RV during that period.

I have been offered the use of a nice location to keep the RV for the entire time for a very reasonable price. This location has a public toilet that I could use, but showering, cooking, etc would be all be done in the RV. The location would also allow me to plug in for electric.

Because I would be keeping the RV in one fixed location for 8 months, I think that a travel trailer, or maybe 5th wheel would be the best for me. Growing up, my father and I lived fulltime on a 30' sailboat for a while so small space is not a problem for me.

I am adventurous and ready to learn about how I could do this. I would love to hear advice and recommendations about size, travel vs 5th wheel trailer, keeping warm during early spring and late fall, and how best to deal with gray and black water etc.

Back
Top Bottom