Power Control Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

On my Itasca we have a "power control center" that I'm not sure I understand it correctly.  It is my understanding that this is a way to control the use of electrical appliances, with that said, would it be a way to turn off my refrigerator when I want to?  I have a Maytag residential refrigerator and there are times when I'm out in the unit but don't need or want the refrigerator on, but need to have the inverter on.  My refrigerator does not have an on/off switch on the front and what/where my manual says to turn it off/on does not seem to work (using the plus and minus).  So, my question is...can I use this power control center and turn it off there?  Maybe I'm stupid but this seems obvious and so I'm afraid I'll fry something if I turn it to off there.  Make sense?  Anyway, you guys always have the best answers!!  Thanks  Mikie

No ... The EMS will shut down the refrigerator if you pull too many amps when on 30a shore power, but there is no manual shut down there. The only way I know would be to flip the correct breaker. BUT, nearly every fridge I have seen does have an off switch ...maybe just a matter of turning the temp control all the way one direction or another?

Mine has the plus/minus that supposedly turns it on and off, but when I try it doesn't do anything except change the temp.  I do have a vacation feature, I'm not sure what that does because when I push it, it sounds like it shuts down the motor, but the light stays on and it still stays cold.  Just have to keep trying to figure these things out.  We've only had it for barely 1 month, so I'm sure it will take time for us to get it down.

Yes, brand new.  The manual says the refrigerator would either have an on/off or a plus/minus.  Mine has the plus/minus but it doesn't seem to work or I'm not doing it correctly.  We are taking it in for some other minor issues next week, I'll ask then.  Thanks

What model Maytag fridge? The owner manual ought to tell how to turn it off, if there is a way. But the Samsung fridge we have in the house has on On/Off either. Have to unplug it to really shut it off.

You probably have a circuit breaker dedicated to the fridge - try that.

Way back when....I was told that circuit breakers are not to used as a switch, Those circuit breakers that are built for the switch use are designated by an "S" in the model number. Just relaying the info, not sure of the accuracy.

DH is an electrician.  I planned on asking him about the CB's before I tried that.  I'll let you know what he says, although he has said that MH wiring is different than house wiring, whatever that means.  LOL

You could use a remote controlled outlet like this..... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001Q9EFUK/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002YAO1MM&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1YH55WS3121B3Y54AHSE

Terry,
I don't think we're talking about the same thing.  This is a Power Control Center that is located inside the coach with all of the other controls ie: battery levels, tank levels, heater and AC controls, etc.  But, thanks for the info, might find another need for that. 

You said you wanted to turn your refrigerator off while leaving the inverter on....... just unplug your refrig from the outlet,  plug in the above unit into the outlet & your refrig into that.  Anytime you want to turn off the refrig just use the remote.

I'm guessing that I can access the outlet that the refrigerator is plugged into from the outside? 

I believe this is the fridge:
http://www.maytag.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=Refrigerators&cat=14&prod=1818
and manual:
http://www.maytag.com/assets/product/MFI2067AES_Use%20and%20Care_EN.pdf

So to turn it off, with no off switch:
Style 2 ? Press the Freezer (+) pad until OFF appears in the
display. Neither compartment will cool. Press the Freezer or
Refrigerator (-) pad to turn the cooling back on.

Pressing FREEZER + to turn it OFF makes no sense, but thats what it says.

Hope it works.

Thanks Dar, that worked perfectly.  I was holding down the + sign and not cycling through it.  Once I did that OFF appeared in the digital display.  Just wondering, you seem to know so much about my unit, did you already get your Journey?

Glad it worked!

But this was Bill, not Dar.

What do you mean about a new Journey :eek:

Somebody's got some xsplaining to do!

Back
Top Bottom