Slide Locks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

Is there a way to know if the slide locks are working?  We have locks on all of our slides (4) and the front two are large slides and when we press the slide lock you can hear it move/work.  The back two bedroom slides are smaller and when we push those locks we don't hear anything at all.  My DH thinks that when he first pushed them he heard them working too, but now nothing.  How do we know if they're broken?  Thanks

Hi Mikie,

According to the manual http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/pdfs/Operator2011/11Meridian.pdf "you may be able to hear the lock motor The wiring diagram indicates that the bed slide does not have a lock, only the dresser slide (and of course the living slides). There is also a clean out hole on the exterior of the slides, I am not sure if this would prevent the slide locks from working if clogged but it may be a start. Information about the slide locks can be seen on page 10-1 of the above link.

If cleaning out the drain hole has no effect and playing with the lock and unlock then you may want to call Winnebago to see if there's a secret or an issue.

P.S. Are you aware that you are not suppose to just give them a quick push but hold them in for approx. 7 seconds or until the sound stops if you can hear it? We didn't realize that when we first got our rig until I ran accross it in the manual so it turns out we weren't really locking it on our first few trips  ::).

Let us know what you find out. Good luck!
Dar

Thanks Dar.  I did also read that in my manuals.  I've been trying to read through them, but sometimes it gets a little daunting.  We are going to check out the drain and see what happens.  Also, we have it scheduled for a few minor issues and will have them take a look at the locks at that time.

Back
Top Bottom