Winnie Itasca Differences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackHammr

I have always ended up with the Itasca

however comma

same models

same floorplans and specs

so whats the higher price on the Itasca get you over the Winnie ??

Kinda like Chevy and GMC , same stuff , different prices

For me ~~ I liked the interior appointments better  (color scheme~hardware~upholstery~trim).  Same 26P model# ~ a mile & a half apart.  Ran back & forth 'til finally made decisiion.  That and the Itasca dealer seemed a lot more interested in working with us.  JM2?

I have a 2004 Itasca Suncruiser 38R.  When I was looking to buy, I also considered the comparable Winnebago Adventurer.  The difference to me was immediate upon entering the coach.  All the trim was upgraded and it just fit my eye better.  Mechanically they are identical. I would've been just as happy with the Winnie as I liked both equally as well less the trim aspect.  As you say, it's similar to GMC and Chevy. 

For the 2011 models........
Itasca starts with an "I" and the Winne stuff starts with a "W"........ ;D  AT the 2010 Winnebago GNR (Grand National Ralley) they had the Winnies and Itascas side by side and my untrained eye could not detect a nickels worth of difference between them.

Yeah, I'm with Bill on this one.  I think if there used to be a significant difference in the two it has deminished to the point that it's hard to notice.

Rick

I think there were nicer interiors in the Itasca in the past.  I bought a 2004 Adventurer that had upgrades to bring its interior up to an Itasca.  Needless to say, I paid more for it than a stock Adventurer would have cost.

Bill,
I think you just hit the nail on the head.  Winnebago and Itasca are like Chevy and GMC with the difference being that some of the items that are "standard" with the Itasca are "options" with the Winnebago.  We looked at both and that was what we found and since we wanted all of the options...we went with the Itasca and were able to deal easier since we were talking about a complete package. 

JackHammr said:
so whats the higher price on the Itasca get you over the Winnie ??

Using the Meridian compared to the Journey, the Meridians' base price is $2k higher than the Journey. When comparing the two on the Winnie website they both have all the same items listed as options so not sure where the diff comes from. There are some details on the Meridian that could add cost; the couch has pub backs where the Journeys' couch has flat backs, the Meridian window valances have a more expensive looking detail, maybe the Meridians' paint job/colors add cost? All speculations on my part.

The biggest thing I have found are the minor details above and the paint job/colors and interior selections. If someone has a definitive answer, inquiring minds would like to know  :).

The 2011 Aspect has  raised panel cabinet doors and the Cambria has flat panel doors.  Also, the Aspect has one interior cabinet color , Coffee Glazed Sierra Maple, that the Cambria does not offer ; however, it adds $413 to the cost.

Previously we owned a 2009 Navion and the only difference we noticed between the Navion and the View was interior colors. choices.

Way back the Itasca was a Pontiac to a Buick, later on the Itasca was sold as a complete vehicle whereas Winnebagos could be ordered as desired.  Not sure anymore one thing is for sure when I had Winnebago's people knew what I had now when I say Itasca they have that whats an Itasca look. 

Don, WIT 70041

Back
Top Bottom