Anyone know of any Western NC gigs beginning now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ginia

We came out to Western NC (Asheville) area earlier than anticipated as a family member assured us that the temps were mild out here in the Winters. Ya! Snow two days into being here, and cold temps, but warm two days ago (70ish) and now cold again. We do not mind as the past 10 years we've lived in Central Texas and hate the heat. Decided to workamp, but one job went bust and can do another in OR this summer, but ended up falling in love with this area and think we are here to stay.

Regular jobs are light around here right now, and we really did want to do this workamping lifestyle with at least one of us working in the campground (one can find parttime work outside if necessary) so we plan to stay put and look locally for  a year round campground or someone that needs us sooner than Spring.

We have a Canadian made travel trailer and it is doing well with the cold weather and we are former Michiganders and and Coloradans, so we do cold well. This out here is NOTHING next to a Western Michigan winter. Anyway, any tips would be welcome.

And hello...we are new here and perhaps I should have said "hi" first.

Jeanne

We have friends that live near Asheville and they winter in Florida until at least March!

Scott  :)

Good morning Gina.  We are in total agreement, that area is beautiful. 

Have you been to workamper.com ?  That would be the first place I would look as they cover the country, most gigs are RV related., and they tend to have more paying jobs and less volunteer gigs.

Welcome to The RV Forum.  We are a friendly group and have a lot of RV related knowledge.  Our library and previous discussions contain a lot of good RV related information.  If you have questions that are not answered there, post here and we will get back to you.

Our discussions can be fun too, join us.

Welcome aboard!

I guess mild winters are in the eyes of the beholders!

We just left Columbia, SC after two years, but would always head up to the mountains around Asheville in Dec and January so we could get in the snow! But it has been a strange couple of years.

We loved the area and there are some great places to see and visit in the area.

Good luck on finding something more to your liking. We joined workamper.com early on and it is a great source of information and will at least give you an idea of what to expect across the country.

Welcome!

Hi!  Ironic i haven't been on here in a very long time but saw your post today!  I'm traveling the country on my motorcycle and am also in the Asheville area! (Black Mountain right now)  I was staying in Swannanoa at the KOA campground and I know they have work-camping there.  I asked if I could participate but I was renting a kabin and they said I needed to have my own rig...  You might be able to get lucky there, there is one nice lady and one not so nice lady, you'll know the difference quickly!!!  Over-all it was a very nice campground even being in the winter season right now.  Hope your well!

Back
Top Bottom