"L" Shaped couch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike eddleman

At the Atlanta show I seen  couch that had a pull out that made it into a L shaped. I was thinking about makeing one but didn't look at the way the back of the slide part went into the other part. any one have any ideas?

I just saw one at the Edison NJ show. It looked like the back cushion folded down, into the seat area. I saw it with the seat off, which looked like the seat on a dinette, take cushion off, take seat board off, empty space underneath. I don't know what you would do with the seat cushion when it is folded up though.

Hello,

They are available on the 2010 and 2011 Winnie Tour. You could go to your local dealer and have a look..

Rafael

Rafigso said:
Hello,

They are available on the 2010 and 2011 Winnie Tour. You could go to your local dealer and have a look..

Rafael

I believe they're in the Ellipse too if you're closer to an Itasca dealer.

I have that option in my 10 tour...back folds down, bottom drops down and slides under the main section...bottom cushion is stored wherever!

If you click on the first sofa picture (Taupe) in this link it gives a little demonstration on how it works; http://www.gowinnebago.com/key_features/2011/extendable_sectional_sofa/

Doubt it's really enough to figure out how to build one with but gives you a general idea of how it works.

Thanks to all and thanks for the link. Got how I'm going to build. Will be for the most part like the video but will have to make a few changes. I'm thinking I will have to store the bottom and the back under the long part when not in use.

We have that couch on our 2011 Itasca Meridian.(Also comes in the Journey)  It stores under the end of the straight part of the couch.  Once you've pulled it out, you then grab the strap and pull up and out and it locks into position, the back cushion stores behind the back of the unit in a space provided beneath the window.  It really makes the couch very comfortable!!

mike eddleman said:
Thanks to all and thanks for the link. Got how I'm going to build. Will be for the most part like the video but will have to make a few changes.

Wow, are you taking custom orders?  ;)  We have an L-shaped sofa in our RV which makes the floorplan very unique, which is what drew me to the Residency motorhomes.  The long side of ours is a jackknife-style bed.  Right now our 2 older boys sleep on it (oldest on the jackknife, youngest on the short side of L-shape) but they will be outgrowing that arrangement soon.  Plus the couch is pretty worn out from 17 years of use.  I'm still trying to find a suitable replacement...

The frame work is really nothing. After you get a working drawing and get it to where you know it will work and what will work for you and your RV. Then it's the covering that makes the whole project come to life. I can do a lot of the sewing my self but I mother and my aunt are both seamstress's so I'll let one of them do the cushions. I would really hate to mess up on leather.

You are a very lucky man.  ;)  I got a quote from a local upholstery shop for a complete refurbish of my sofa, and they said $1200.  :eek:  And that was for some kind of basic fabric, no leather or anything (which I don't really want anyway).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlm611
Back
Top Bottom