RV Forum Discount on LED lighting until end of 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the discount heads up. Just received my first order of about $300 worth. Saved about $50 and only paid about $250. Wasn't clear on the ceiling puck lights so I ordered 2 kinds to try them out. There are 3 or 4 puck light G4 replacements available and I couldn't figure out which one to get.

Good news:  I have received word from Brian Skone, owner of RVledbulbs.com,  that the AC15 15% discount has been extended through the end of 2012.

NOTE: The keyword for the discount is now "FORUM", per the rvledbulbs.com ad on our site.

I recently had the pleasure of doing business with Brian Skone and want to commend him to everyone here.  A mistake was made, acknowledged, and corrected with no fuss and no additional expenses on my part.  The Hitching Post in Ocala, FL and Brian Skone are honorable and that's just plain good business.

Susan

Gary RV Roamer said:
Good news:  I have received word from Brian Skone, owner of RVledbulbs.com,  that the AC15 15% discount has been extended through the end of 2012.

That's good, I need many more. I'm waiting to get the rig back from the garage so we can pack it and figure out which lights we need. I'm looking forward to lighing while boondocking without worrying so much about the battery drains.

Not ready to do the full LED conversion yet. but I do need to get some spare tubes, and I have one special Incasdencant I'd love to replace with LED's.. And wha'ts more since it's an ODD bulb and a very standard LED can replace it.. The cost of LED is ... not that much.

I looked into replacing the taillights and turn signal lights in my Ford P/U.......I could buy 2 lights for it at the Camper shell shop in San Diego. I will not name them but for $69.90 for a set of 2 LED Lights, the ones I can buy at Ford Motor Parts Dept. or Napa or O'Reilly's will do for me. 

I will have to look into the replacement bulbs for the interior lighting in the RV though.

There is no wiring for the incandescent LED replacements - they just push or twist into the socket like the bulb they are replacing.

Be sure to order a few extra's though, we paid $8 a piece to replace the halogen (for now) and broke the first one.

lajuene said:
Thanks for the discount heads up. Just received my first order of about $300 worth. Saved about $50 and only paid about $250. Wasn't clear on the ceiling puck lights so I ordered 2 kinds to try them out. There are 3 or 4 puck light G4 replacements available and I couldn't figure out which one to get.

Have you tried them yet? Which ones are best?

fredethomas said:
Daisy and I have used LED's in our Dutch Star for about 3 years now.  Good for camping with no electricity as they uses one tenth of the current as other bulbs.  We replaced the halogens first as those we used the most.  Then replaced the fluorescence's in two short fixtures.  At the time the strips did not have fixture parts to lock them in place - like Garys does.  There is no heat so the strips just lay on the plastic lamp covers.  I paralled strips until I got the right amount of light for the area and what they are used for.  We also changed out the bayonet type on the four lamps using that style.

They are very expensive so we did not go for changing the lamps that get only momentary usage.  The primary purpose is for dry camping.  I found the installation to be very easy - halogens very easy.

I spent $130 on led tail lights I put on a class 8 truck in 2002, regular ones were about $20, the led lights are still going strong, before that I replaced them about once a year, so they do save over the long run.

HomeSweetRV said:
There is no wiring for the incandescent LED replacements - they just push or twist into the socket like the bulb they are replacing.

Be sure to order a few extra's though, we paid $8 a piece to replace the halogen (for now) and broke the first one.

Thanks for that, I was wondering how they would go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom