I'm new to the forum.
I know this has been gone over before, but I want to clarify some questions I have....
To start off, I have a 1993 Class C with a Ford 460 motor.
Last year, when I acquired it, i had the exhaust manifold milled, because it was leaking (not sure which side).
I was told by the shop doing the repairs, that this was a common problem. They said it would most likely happen again, and to just bring it back to be repaired again when it happens. They said there are no real good fixes for it.
Well, my exhaust manifold is leaking again (still not sure which side)...could be the one that wasn't repaired.
I was told by my father in law, that headers would cure this problem.
Before i spend the money, I want to ask a couple questions to the RV gurus on this forum.....
1) Will a good set of headers cure this problem?
2) Will i constantly have to re-tighten the header bolts ?(the garage that did the previous repair, told me that headers were no good....said they will keep coming loose).
3) Which brand do you all recommend?
4) Do i need to worry about what gaskets come with the header kit?
5) Will the headers run hotter than the stock exhaust? Do i need to add heat shields?
I'm just looking for something that will last for a long time.
Thanks for reading this.