Help: I found a 2005 Monaco Safari 38' Diesel pusher for $24,000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
F

FrankNSharon

Is this possible that it is not a scam? He claims it is in perfect condition. Is it worth wasting a 2 day trip to go evaluate it?

I personally would be very suspicous.  :eek:

But then any 2 day trip would be nice.  ;D

If it's not a scam, and you are not the only person who knows about it, it's probably not there any longer....anything that sounds to good to be true, usually is....

But, like the Wiz says, it doesn't take much to get me going somewhere...  ;D

I received an email from the seller this morning and he claims it is perfect. I replied asking for an explanation why it is not a scam, since the coach is worth at least $80,000 based on listings on various forums. He also wants to sell through eBay - and I thought eBay provides buyer protection against scams?

(I was looking around on ebay and I can't find this one, but there is one like it that was gutted by a fire for $26,000)

I saw something similar about 8 months ago on RV Trader and couldn't quite bite on it, "...too good to be true..."  I got an email from RV Trader about a week later that the rig turned out to be a scam and they hoped I hadn't gotten too involved.    They wanted to use EBay to pay for it but not list it on EBay.  The EBay Pay site looked legit, but it wasn't Pay Pal...  EBay owns Pay Pal, why would there by another payment method?

This was a 2006 American Tradition for $35,000.

Could be a fun trip, just don't give him a dime until you see it...

Jeff, the story sounds identical. It is not listed on eBay.

Ask them to take a picture of it today with a digital camera along with them in the picture holding todays newpaper and have them e-mail you picture.  Sorta like a ransom note.  Sounds to good to be true.

Perhaps (probably) someone on the Forum is located near the coach.  Why not get the location and have someone nearby give it a quick check?  Several, if not many, of us would do that to help protect you.

It was a lady, she was moving (or had just moved?) to Italy and couldn't take it with her.  There was a crisis and she really needed funds so she was selling her American Tradition, or something like that.  The story was just straight enough to possibly be true but still a bit out there for us backwoods folks.  I remember the urgency and remember the biggest weapon a con-person has in their arsenal is to attempt to get you to commit to something before you can think it through.  For 10% fully refundable up-front plus transport expenses she would have it brought to my door for a 72 hour inspection before the final funds transfer.  It's been a while but the more I think about it the more comes back to me.  (Funny how the old noodle works!)

I still say it could be a fun trip!

I'm willing to bet that there is no coach.  If I'm wrong, you can have my 2011 "Bears" Super Bowl ring.

I'd get a RV inspector in the area to check out the coach and paperwork before committing. The cost for a guy to check it out should be about $100 and at least you'd know if it existest.

Here is the link to the ad.

Supposedly, Brookland NY, but the phone number is from Michigan.

If it is for real, NICE!!

http://www.rvsearch.com/findrv/index.cfm/a-d/tc-36262/vid-613319/

Ken

Note those photos were not taken in Brooklyn Park, MD.  This ad appears to be a scam.

Mine was a 78 GMC Royal with wonderful pictures and it was a divorce sale two weeks ago..

The GMCnet guys said it's the 3rd time that those pictures of a very well known fully upgraded GMC had appeared via search engine. Oodle found it.

Since I didn't bite, they tried selling you the ocean shore property in NM.

PS, Ned helped me discover a Holiday Rambler '98 Endeavor scam last spring??

He claims it is in Las Vegas, so, he apparently is going to show the "real" coach.

It sounds like a scam for sure and I would not even give the person another moment of your time.  I ran across something similiar a few yrs ago and as soon as I asked where the coach was located that I wanted to see it never heard from the person again.  I did report it and it was in fact a big scam..

Back
Top Bottom