Brewer's Yuma House Construction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Karl,

Everyone better get the pink flamingos quickly. The company has gone out of business!! Sure hate to see such an icon die. :)

Ned,

I can't believe an electronic device was not working in Terry's house!!!! I'm surprised the tour wasn't delayed until it was fixed! ;D Well, at least you can demand a partial refund on the price.

Well, since they're leaving this weekend and we're leaving next Tuesday, and it could be while before we get back to Yuma, he couldn't delay.  Who knows how long it will take to get the server fixed :)  It looked impressive, even without the media server.

Ned & Karl,

OK, I will accept that Terry would want to delay. ;D Can't believe just passing his hand over the unit didn't fix it!!! ;D ;D ;D

I hope someone else will begin to manufacture the Florida Icon! Can't let that fade away. There was a holding pond off one of CT's state routes that had a Flamingo show up right after it was built. It was quite a hit but disappeared a couple of times. Always returned eventually.

When we were working here in Death Valley back in the 80s, a couple of us had pink flamingoes in our yards. The superintendent thought they looked "tacky" and asked everyone to take them down. You wouldn't believe the number of pink flamingoes and other tacky lawn ornaments that sprang up after that.

Wendy
57 degrees in Death Valley

I think the lawn gnome has replaced the pink flamingo as the tacky ornament of choice these days :)  I do miss the jockey with the lantern, however.

You're have a heat wave, it's only 55 here in Yuma.

Terry and Betty,

Glad you got moved in even without the fridge!

ArdraF

Jim

>>Can't believe just passing his hand over the unit didn't fix it!!!<<

I almost had Karl open it up & fix it, but it is so expensive I chickened out.<G>  Sent it off today for fix/replacement. Hope no one steals it before I get back from traveling.

Terry,

One should never mess with something expensive that's still under warranty. :) I'm sure you could have it shipped to someone on the forum out there that will keep it for you.

Ned said:
I think the lawn gnome has replaced the pink flamingo as the tacky ornament of choice these days :)  I do miss the jockey with the lantern, however.

You're have a heat wave, it's only 55 here in Yuma.

Yuma is having a heat wave, it is 32 degrees here in Hondo, TX. The local(Hondo) weather people are forecasting snow for this Saturday!!

Regards,
Jack and Liz

P.S. I am really NOT complaining as I am so glad to be HOME.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom