Brewer's Yuma House Construction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Terry A. Brewer said:
Last two weeks have been great high 80's low 90's.

Hi Terry,

We will get there next Thursday so would you cool it down about 10 degrees more in the next week please?

Thanks,
Jerry

Terry, for some reason I thought you were still in Idaho.

Terry,

The house looks great!  Need more pics of the MH garage.

JerryF

JerArdra said:
Terry,

The house looks great!  Need more pics of the MH garage.

JerryF

Jerry:

We should all have a dog house as nice as Terry's. ;D

Terry & Betty,

When I lived in the rectory in El Centro, I discovered that October 18th [St. Luke's Day] was the target date for milder weather. my parish, Sts. Peter and Paul sponsored and Annual Fall Art Show with a Wine and Cheese Tasting. They had learned to always schedule it after St. Luke's Day and it began "The Fall Season" for many in the Imperial Valley.

I remember several September's when the water was dripping down the outside of the rectory windows  with our AC set at 82-84 and the outside humidity was 80-90% and the temp was 105-110.

I know you two don't often tour churches 'cept in AK? but Sts. Peter & Paul has a fascinating story and wonderful art work in windows by the Judson Studio in LA, sculpture, mural art, architecture and furniture and liturgical appointments. See if Dr. Rice is available to give you a tour or find a knowledgeable person that can. Ask Dr. Eric Rice: (760) 357-2442 -another native Californian. it's well worth the trip. And if you like border carne asada, the local grocery stores have the best I've ever found. BG

I followed the Majorcan priest [he was rector in El Centro 25 years] that built it in the early 70's as a thanksgiving for escaping Franco and the ****'s and finding his way to the Anglican church. He planned for two decades as to what he wanted. It is not to be missed. The light pink marble in the narthex comes from the interior of Mexico. His spying bargains from Greece to Mexico saved over 50% in construction. His arguments with the architect and change orders raised the bill by probably 15-20%!

I have a hilarious story about one of the business men in the parish that toured with several other men of the parish and saw it for the first time. As Fr. Alorda gave them the tour this parishioner blurted out, "That tile looks just like a high dollar Mexican whore house!" To which Fr. Alorda quietly said, "And how do you know?"

If you ever visit, look for the overhead lights in the nave [pew area] and guess when and how I got the burned out floodlights changed every year.

I love that part of the world . . .

Hi Terry & Betty,

The house is looking great! I'm back after two weeks of hair pulling dealings with Dell. Hope it lasts. BTW, did Betty ever get my answer to her email??

Well the house is done & we are starting to move in over the next couple of weeks....Landscaping will be completed over the next couple of years.

Attachments

• House Construction 0933 (Small).JPG
    House Construction 0933 (Small).JPG
    24 KB · Views: 86
  • House Construction 0934 (Small).JPG
    House Construction 0934 (Small).JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 86
  • House Construction 0936 (Small).JPG
    House Construction 0936 (Small).JPG
    44 KB · Views: 84
  • House Construction 0938 (Small).JPG
    House Construction 0938 (Small).JPG
    42 KB · Views: 84
Terry A. Brewer said:
Well the house is done & we are starting to move in over the next couple of weeks....Landscaping will be completed over the next couple of years.

Hi Terry,
You can't move in yet... There's no place to put the beer!!!!! :D ;)

Hi Terry & Betty,

Congratulations on the completion of the home it looks beautifully. Is that motorhome for sale now? Are you planning to go to the FMCA rally in Indio or will Terry be to busy to decorate that garage. Isn't nice to have a His & Hers garage.

Chris

Jerry

>>You can't move in yet... There's no place to put the beer!!!!<<

Or wash clothes; or sleep.<G>

Chris

Can't sell the motorhome...the garage windows were designed to match the motorhomes.
We will be going to FMCA/Indio, Will you be healthy enough to go?

Terry,

Just got rid of the crutches.The big walking boot helps so I can take it off for driving. Just imagine how much money I saved during the 3 months I could not drive with the past and present fuel prices.I had my first major exercises today going on the ladder to put up the Christmans lights. Wow.. did it look good standing on the ladder and looking down again. Now I have to try to go to the next level up (the roof).
We have scheduled to go to Indio and Q-zite.
I guess the calender girl is to busy with decorating the house since I have not seen any recent announcements on ralys and events or maybe when she was promoted from calender girl to the forum staff she is looking for an assistant.  :) :) :)

Chris

Betty & Terry:

The house looks wonderful!

Hope you get settled before its time to hit the road again. ;D

Terry  Congratulations on the going of the house, but I have a question,  Is that water tap in the kitchen or the liquor room? Should it be the kitchen, is that, his or hers?  don't believe thats ever been defined.    Congrats to both of you.  Looking forward to seeing you both in Jan at the Q. 

It looks great and congratulations.  Give us a call when you need help with the big things.

Congratulations of finalizing the construction.  I'm sure you will enjoy getting settled in.

The Photo Escape you were interested in sold recently, but I can create another or Limited Edition Prints are available of the one you liked.  Let me know if you are interested.  I can bring it to QZ.

Howdy, Terry and Betty.
What a lovely home. Congratulations on it's completion. Thanks for the report and pictures. May your life in this home be as sweet as honey.  :)

Regards,
Jack and Liz

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom