Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blessourvoyage said:
SO, you need to purchase two systems -- one for MH and one for toad?

No, one system covers both.  You need sensors for all wheels on both vehicles but they display on the one monitor.  I suggest you go to the Pressure Pro web site and see what the system is and how it works.

blessourvoyage said:
SO, you need to purchase two systems -- one for MH and one for toad?

Not at all.  Just add sensors to the toad tires and program the monitor to recognize them.

If/when you use the toad alone, you simply move the small monitor to the toad.

I am another PP satisfied customer. Has discovered two leaks in the past four years, one toad and one inside dual on m/h.

Update on my own question  -- Maddog talked to ex CW svc. tech today. Said he did not think much of the tire monitoring systems -- his leaked a lot so took 'em off.  Did not say what brand BUT prolly something CW sells.  Have feeling not PressurePro. 1st Bad Mark on monitoring systems in general - just thought I'd throw it in. ;D

If they caused a leak, it wasn't the fault of the TPMS sensors but more likely bad valve stems.  When the sensors are in place, the dill valve is held open and if the stem has a leak, it will show up.  The cure is to use only good quality metal valve stems.

maddog348 said:
Update on my own question  -- Maddog talked to ex CW svc. tech today. Said he did not think much of the tire monitoring systems -- his leaked a lot so took 'em off.  Did not say what brand BUT prolly something CW sells.  Have feeling not PressurePro. 1st Bad Mark on monitoring systems in general - just thought I'd throw it in. ;D

CW has never handled PP. With the comment made, I would expect that he does not know how to properly install the systems and surely does not understand the purpose and safety needs for a TPMS.

I use the Truck Systems TPMS. They are not trying to catch up, they passed PP. It also monitors the tire temperature. Costs almost half of what PP costs. Super great customer service. It has already paid for itself when it discovered a low tire pressure. We were able to get it pumped up and to a tire store before damage could be done.

seilerbird said:
I use the Truck Systems TPMS. They are not trying to catch up, they passed PP. It also monitors the tire temperature. Costs almost half of what PP costs. Super great customer service. It has already paid for itself when it discovered a low tire pressure. We were able to get it pumped up and to a tire store before damage could be done.

Take above statement and add my name at the end. Almost a year now and have had great service over the phone with them and very friendly folks to deal with. I ordered a repeater antenna and it was shipped UPS the same day with no tax and free shipping.

OK Another Question !! Are the sensors that replace the valve caps (PP sys) heavy enough to have to have the tires rebalanced.???  No mention of that  anywhere. ;D ;D

Yes.....and no. I did have the tires rebalanced on my Saturn tow car and it did make a difference. But I noticed no difference on the motor home tires so did not have them rebalanced. I am getting ready for new tires soon and will probably use balance beads in the new tires.  It seems to be that the larger tires don't react to the extra weight like the smaller ones do.

jerryarlyne,

Thanks -- a lot easier to get the toad into tire shop than the MH.  Just got new tires on it and 'free' bal for 'life' ;D

maddog348 said:
OK Another Question !! Are the sensors that replace the valve caps (PP sys) heavy enough to have to have the tires rebalanced.???  No mention of that  anywhere. ;D ;D

IIRC, the PP sensors are the smallest and lightest, 2/3rds of an ounce and about 7/8' diameter. When I have my tires rotated and balanced, I have them balanced with the sensors on. You must remind the shop to restore the sensors to the original wheel locations after being rotated. The car that we have now has not had the tires rotated or balanced yet and we have not noticed any vibration, shimmy or other problem.

Bernie,

Thanks Again for fast response.  Will make note of your reply.  I will ASS_U_ME all this info comes with the system ??? ???  Kate

seilerbird said:
I did not rebalance mine and it drives very smooth.

In the for what it's worth department; when I had new valve stems put on my car I had them balance a tire with the sensor off, then put the sensor on and back on the balance machine......... tires were out of balance!!!!

I therefor recommend that the wheels be balanced with the sensors on...........

WOW !! Stems really close to access 'holes'  --  remount & center ???  $$$

#1 pass. frt.
#2 driver frt.
#3 driver rr. out - can't see inner
#4 pass. rr. out -   "      "     "

Attachments

• IMG_2656 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2656 (Small).JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2657 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2657 (Small).JPG
    35 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2659 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2659 (Small).JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2660 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2660 (Small).JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 25
It looks like you could just get some small straight solid extensions for the wheels in the pictures but if you can't see the inside duals at all you may need to get flexible extensions for them. But if you can't see them, how do you check air pressure now ?

Tire Guys !!  ;D ;D ;D  I fell over the garden hose on way out to MH gave myself a WHOMP & bloodied both knees and not crawling as well as I should. Was just checking if they were metal(yes I think) or not.

Just more things to think about  :mad: :mad:    Oh, Well.

Back
Top Bottom