Comments on Different Brands Needed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

workingtorv

Hello All,

We have narrowed it down to three or four brands.  Please share comments or suggestons with any or all of these brands.

Holiday Rambler - Alumascape 34RLt, We like the HR Brand Name from comments but I just think the interior is not as fancy as the Travel Supreme for the same kind of money.

Travel Supreme - River Canyon 34KTSO - Really like the interior features but am not impressed with the exterior looks.

Everest 32 - Loved all of it but found to be very pricey, only went to one dealer on this one and am not sure if they are just too rich on their quotes or are they in fact very pricey.

K-Z Montego Bay -  We are limited to the size of trailer we can get but they have what it seems to be really extra features than the above 3 but for less or the same kind of money i.e. exterior paint, Air Ride, and others....but they are long compared to the model numbers so the floorplan which we desire cannot be done with this particular model as it is too long so we have to go the model that has 30 in it (just can't remember the model number)

So after having said all of the above can you all offer any comments or experience you may have with any of these and please feel free to lead us in the direction of other brands that we may not be aware of.

Thanks

The Montego Bay 30KS3 is the model that you were talking about.  It has an exterior legnth of 34' 6".  They also make a 29RE2 that has an exterior legnth of 34' 3"

Attachments

• 29RE2.jpg
    29RE2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 30KS3.jpg
    30KS3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 12
Well, the H-R, Travel Supreme and Everest are all top brands with generally good reputations for quality of construction through out.  When you see another brand that offers more visible amenities for less money, you have to wonder what they left out in order to pay for what you see.  I don't know the answer for the K-Z brand, but i would try to find out.

The HR and TS will have very sturdy frames and sidewall construction and probably better insulation thoughout. I would also try to look at possible differences in plumbing systems, such as llocation and insulation of water lines, maybe the size of te water heater, size and convenience of holding tanks, etc.  Other things to look at might be number and size of batteries, the qulaity of the charging system, maybe a built-in inverter, and so on.  I'm not saying the K-Z is necessarily deficient in these things or that you need whatever features the others may have, but try to figure out what is different so you can make an informed decision.

Price wise, I think a lot of it has to do with the individual dealer, and how deep they think they can get in your wallet. I have an Everest 364Q which I picked up in MS for $39,000 give or take a few after looking around at approx 8 different dealerships. Last week, I got a flyer from a 'large' FL rv dealership in FL that wanted almost double what we paid for the base model, then you had to add the options on top of that. If your willing to travel to pick it up, call the mfg. Another possibility is 'google' around the internet with the make and model and see what is available. Don't limit yourselft to one dealer.

Larry

Larry,

Can I deal with the manufacturer without a dealer?  I don't mind driving for sure if it means a savings.  I have also learned from other posts that it is much better to have a manufacturers location as the pickup location.

Can I deal with the manufacturer without a dealer?

Yes, Born Free of Humboldt IA and Lazydaze of Calif. are the only manufactureres who sell direct.

Rexhall now sells its motorhomes direct too, but workingtorv is asking about trailers. 

One of the better fifth wheel & TT manufacturers is New Horizons and they sell direct exclusively. They also personalize each one to the customer's wants and needs.  And New Horizons has a five star rating from RV Consumer Group, for whatever that may be worth. They are located inear Junction City, Kansas. There is also a fulltime RVing couple who live in the West who are fqactory reps and can help you put together your order without requiring a visit to Kansas.

See http://www.horizonsrv.com/

Another direct sale manufacturer is American RV, but I don't know of anybody who has one and cannot comment on their product. See http://www.americanarv.com/index.html

Back
Top Bottom