Light weight trailer brands. Trail Cruiser?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahiburger

I am looking for a used trailer that is easy for me to tow with my Chevy Express Van 1500 AWD 5.3 liter, 6200 lbs. tow capacity.  My 22 foot Dutchman "lite" says 4060 lbs. Dry weight.  I can cruise at 60 on a good day, but would like to go at least 500 lbs. lighter.  What brands have light trailers in the 22 - 28 foot range?  I have been looking at R-Vision Trail Cruisers, in particular the TC26QBH, but there is conflicting dry weight info on that one;  3329 pounds up to 2007, 3881 pounds for 2008 and newer.  What else is there?

We have two small kids, and like the bunks in back, queen up front.  Even better if the queen folds into a couch. 

Thanks!

Take a look at an Aerolite 7.  I have a 1998 Aerolite 7 fifth wheel, which obvisuly wouldn't work for you, but they have a regular travel trailer that would fit  your needs.  The 25RBH is 25' long,  has twin bunks in the back, and a queen pull out couch up front.  It only weighs 2840 empty according to the brochure I have.  the brouchure said our fifth wheel weighed 3385 empty, and according to the local cat scale, it actually weighs 3645, but that was full of propane and some water in the tanks.  I pull our fifth wheel with a half ton chevy with the 350 in it and 3.73 gears out back.  My truck has no problems pulling it, or stopping it.

Not sure how popular this trailer was and if you would be able to find a used one.  Our Aerolite is the only one I have ever seen around here (southern Minnesota).  For a lower priced ultra light trailer the fit and finish on our trailer is not bad at all.... Not near as nice of some of the newer trailers, but not bad at all either.

Check out the R-pods by Forest River. I just bought the Rpod 177. Pick it up as soon as the snow melts.
http://www.rpod-owners.com/

ahiburger said:
I am looking for a used trailer that is easy for me to tow with my Chevy Express Van 1500 AWD 5.3 liter, 6200 lbs. tow capacity.  My 22 foot Dutchman "lite" says 4060 lbs. Dry weight.  I can cruise at 60 on a good day, but would like to go at least 500 lbs. lighter.  What brands have light trailers in the 22 - 28 foot range?  I have been looking at R-Vision Trail Cruisers, in particular the TC26QBH, but there is conflicting dry weight info on that one;  3329 pounds up to 2007, 3881 pounds for 2008 and newer.  What else is there?

We have two small kids, and like the bunks in back, queen up front.  Even better if the queen folds into a couch. 

Thanks!
Trail Sport 27 QBSS comes in at like 4200 dry.  It's the largest light weight that I've seen with bunks in back queen in front.  We had a 2007 model and just recently traded it in.  Used they go for about $14,500.00

Back
Top Bottom