Host at Ocracoke Island Federal Campground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just Lou

Not exactly "workamping", but Jane and I will be the volunteer Campground Hosts and Visitor Center rep's for the Ocracoke Island, National Seashore, during April and May this spring.  My love of the outer Banks and spring surf fishing should get a good FIX!

Stop and say "hey" if you are visiting the area.

With luck we'll be there the last week of April with another couple- 2 RVs.  First trip there for all of us.  Hope to see you and say "hi."

Floridafran said:
With luck we'll be there the last week of April with another couple- 2 RVs.  First trip there for all of us.  Hope to see you and say "hi."

That will be great.  Hope we have some nice weather for you.

Not exactly "workamping", but Jane and I will be the volunteer..

Hi Lou and Jane.

I guess that shows you are a leader... Jane will probably do all the work..  ;D

I hope your time there will be rewarding.  Of course, all of us reading this post have been there before and will go ho-hum on your reports during your stay... just kidding.

My 2.cents worth.. We, Carol and I and (at the time) or dog Panda (RIP) meandered our way up the East Coast, slowly, from central Florida. Saw all the sights along the way.We started on May 11, 2006 and landed on OBX (Outer banks) on 5/23. (My birthday).

We had the Jeep in tow and explored all of OBX from North to South. Kill Devil, the Museum of the Wright Bros. and all. Have oodles of pictures. We stayed half way down at a campground  on the beach just across the street from the KOA.. Nothing spectacular but a place to stay in a large empty campground

Our sightseeing trip South on OBX was very interesting.The architecture of the small and large homes there blew my mind. Have never seen anything like that anywhere in my short life.

We explored Ocrakoke, the village and even took the ferry trip and back.I distinctly remember a Cemetery in the town honoring a few sailors who lost their lives there. An historic site.  Can't remember the details now.

Whatever, Lou and Jane, hope you have a wonderful stay, catch a few fish don't let anyone use your hook-up station.  :)

Carson, FL 79.3? 

That cemetery is royal navy men who died in WW II. We live in Wilmington, NC and love the OBX. My best friend has a house in Hatteras Village and we have many fond memories. Those of us watermen in eastern NC don't call the OBX "god's country" for nothing. Have a great trip!! I'm jealous

Back
Top Bottom