Winnebago Via - feedback - considering a purchase - first timers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abiazis

Are their any Via owners on the site that could give us a perspective on their experience with their Via, a smaller Class A - reliability, parking, quality of materials, ease/cost of service, etc...

We were able to secure a price discount - of $ 30,000 off on a full loaded 2011 and are leaning toward closing the deal this week.

My wife, myself and two medium dogs would use the vehicle for one day, weekend trips and 2-3 weeks trips on a monthly basis, as we are both retired.

Our other choice was a Roadtrek Adventurer - our thought was that the advantage of being able to park almost anywhere with a smaller Class B would outweigh the advantages of greater space with the Via even though the Via is marginally larger, i.e. 1 foot wider, 2 feet longer and 1 foot taller.

Thanks for any information offered and also opinion based on above.....i.e. another brand to purchase....thanks.........

There have been a large number of posts regarding the Via (or the Itasca Reyo version ). Try a search using "winnebago via" under the "Search" menu at the top of the page.

One of the most often noted features is the lack of CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity) or storage facility in these units.

For clarification, using the Search button in the menu bar will search the entire forum. The Search box at the very top of the screen is for limited searching on which message board you happen to be reading.

Thanks for advice.......didn't see as much as I thought would be there..is there another active website or forum for more information....

Thanks for yahoo group information...really great and RV.net has been great...

I also just retired and was very close to buying the VIA.  We decided to go with a Roadtrek 210 p and absolutely love this RV. The ability to park it anywhere and 14mpg are great features. We travel with our dog and have no problems.

I'm sure whichever one you choose will good. Be sure to check with dealer about a recall on the Reyo and possibly the Via regarding a valve issue.

There are some other smaller A Class MHs too. 

Thor has the A.C.E. which is under 30'.  We looked at it pretty hard but decided on a Georgetown 280DS.  We camped in a  B+ last year with 2 boxers and we were like sardines in there!

Anybody know what the CCC is for a Via 25T?  Does CCC include full tanks all around or is the CCC in addition to full tanks?  Curb weight (including full tanks, not given in Winnebago specs!)  Thanks.

Your OCCC depends on what options you have in the MH. With that in mind the 25T OCCC is ~1500 lbs. That includes all tanks full EXCEPT for your water.
Figure you have ~1500 lbs of "stuff" you can put into your MH without being overweight. That includes food, people, water, etc....

Back
Top Bottom