How do I re-set alarm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Gary...Thanks for the reply.  I'm new @ RVing and this website.  I recently bought this 98 Beaver and it seems like I'm finding something new every time I turn around.  I removed a light in the ceiling to see if a ceiling fan would fit.  I decided against the fan, replaced the light and now as soon as I unlock the deadbolt on the door this anti-theft alarm sounds and the clearance lights all flash.
                                                                                                                Bob

Wonder if you may have reversed the hot and ground wires on that light? If it is a fluorescent, that could possibly do strange things.

Try disconnecting the light again and see if the problem stops.

From the sounds of things it is an intruder alarm.. I know of no RV that has these standard so it will be after market.. and this means that the only way to reset it is to do one of the following:

1: Contact the Previous Owner and ask

2: Locate and identify the unit, contact the manufacturer or, more likely, visit their web page and download the owners' manual for the device.

NOTE: if there is a keypad with a code.. the "Default" code is often set to one of the following

0 0 0 0  and 1 2 3 4

;D  Thanks to Gary & John.....I found a intruder alarm secreted under the dash.  I removed it and I now have peace and quiet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pearl Constance de_la She
Back
Top Bottom