Split CPVC Pipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for confirming the CPVC, Mike. I'm still wondering why they did that, though, and apparently for only a year or maybe two? Or do all 1999+ Bounders have CPVC as well?

Well mine does not anymore! PEX and it is a lot better job that Fleetwood did with the CPVC! I hope to have water on it tomorrow!

Dewey :p

PancakeBill said:
Surprises me that Fleetwood did that.  Have to make a call.  Mine is a 97 and the grey pex stuff.

Bill, I'm surprised too.  I've heard of CPVC being used in some '94s, but my '97Bounder is PEX also.

As was my 96 Southwind. And my 88 Fleetwood trailer also had flex tubing (poly pipe instead of Pex) rather than PVC or CPVC.  Must have been an experiment in 1994.

Probably not an experiment in 94 if my 99 has it too! (or had it). Now is has pretty blue and red poly tubing with drains and "no" place for water to trap when it is drained! Now if i can just afford to put gas in it!

Dewey

I found some interesting reading by Googling "pex tubing problems"  since I work with the material I know it has problems with sunlight and rodents being attracted to it but there seems to be other problems as well (chemical contamination). I guess there is no such thing as a perfect.

Bellanca_Pilot said:
When we bought or Bounder two weeks ago, I specifically asked if it was winterzed! I was told it was done by Camper World. Either he lied to me (that is what I think) or they are not very good at it. I have spent 12 hours today fixing split CPVC. Every time I get one fixed, I find another leak. I am at the end of my rope. Does anyone have experience usint the newer red and blue colored flex tubing? I have seen it in new units. I am at the point where I am going to rip it "all" out and do "something'!

Dewey

Have you been able to replace all of your water lines?  How did you access the ones that feed from the city water port forward under the floor and then turn up into the shower area then across the floor under the shower to feed the sink area?  I am unable to reach far enough back to see, trace and replace.  I  contacted Fleetwood they provided the diagrams but how do you actually get to the pipes? Mines are all brittle so converting to pex.  1999 Fleetwood Bounder 36s. Help.

Attackgirl said:
Have you been able to replace all of your water lines?  How did you access the ones that feed from the city water port forward under the floor and then turn up into the shower area then across the floor under the shower to feed the sink area?  I am unable to reach far enough back to see, trace and replace.  I  contacted Fleetwood they provided the diagrams but how do you actually get to the pipes? Mines are all brittle so converting to pex.  1999 Fleetwood Bounder 36s. Help.

Welcome back to the forum.
Don't expect a reply. This post was written 7 years ago and the last time this poster was here was about 6 years ago.
I'd recommend you starting your own post. Someone out there may be familiar with your issue may be able to help you.

I may have an answer for her in a few weeks.  My '00 Bounder 36S has some cracked pipes due to our recent cold snap.  I was going to fix them myself and was really looking forward to pulling the black tank when my son reminded me I have full coverage insurance.  Called the insurance company and have an appointment to get the coach into the shop next week.  I'm also going to inquire about using PEX instead of the CPVC that is original to the coach.
Sad part is, last week I finished the last item on our punch list of pending maintenance projects.  Thought the coach was at 100% for the coming year.

There are no easy answers to getting at all the tubing. It is placed in walls and under floors early in the assembly process and little or no consideration is given to future access.  You will just have to disassemble what you can and get creative about the rest.  Just about everything in the motorhome is removable, though, even the shower stall and partitions. Tearing up the floor, though, make for an expensive and difficult job.

Exactly why I decided to let the shop futz with it. 
They did an excellent job on my previous coach when a large branch fell on the roof.  They fixed the roof on my b-i-l's coach when it blew off in Oklahoma, I've seen them with whole sides off of coaches and slides out of others that all looked and worked great when they were back together, so I'm confident they can fix me up.  Glad I'm insured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom