Moab 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Patty, even if the campground tells you there isn't room or there are only non-hookup sites, go ahead and plan to attend. Keep an eye here....as people cancel, they let forum members know that their spot is available. That's how we got a site for our first Moab Rally.

Howdy, Framily.
We signed up for the 2007 Moab rally today. All sites are taken for that time period and we have been assigned to dry camping. We are also on the wait list for a hookup site, either in their new expanded area if that is completed or we're on the lookout for a cancellation.

We have never been to Utah and are looking forward to this rally.

Regards,
Jack and Liz in hot, hot Fort Worth, TX.

You're in for a great treat Liz. Utah has some great scenery and national parks.

Portal RV has been very good to forum members when it comes to getting rally attendees into hookup sites. They do a good jugling act to accomodate us.

Jackliz said:
We have never been to Utah....

Jack and Liz

You will be amazed, enchanted and enthralled. I think we could spend a couple of years full-timing through Utah without leaving....and we may just do that !!

As for hot, hot Fort Worth, last time we were in DFW area it was August and at 10 pm it was 102 degrees at DFW airport....and the locals didn't seem to think that was unusual. Ugh.

Utah has become our favorite place to spend the summer. So much to see and if you are in the right spot the temps never go over 85-90. Enjoyed that as the rest of the nation baked:) The scenery is the best we have seen in the US.....including Alaska. Throw in the great people and it is paradise ;D

woodartist said:
Utah has become our favorite place to spend the summer. So much to see and if you are in the right spot the temps never go over 85-90. Enjoyed that as the rest of the nation baked:) The scenery is the best we have seen in the US.....including Alaska. Throw in the great people and it is paradise ;D

I'm guessing you're in the Utah mountains???

Well, we are in the Dixie's  :) I look at the temps at Cedar CIty ( bad) and then St. George (worse), but sure beats Southern Nevada.....a good place in the Winter:) I really think we were in the only cool spot during that July heatwave.

woodartist said:
I really think we were in the only cool spot during that July heatwave.

Woodartist,

You should have been in Alaska, burrrrrrrr.

Betty
47 in Valdez

I am interested in attending the 2007 rally in Moab.  Especially since I am only 100 miles from there.  How can I get info as to what goes on at the rally.  Are there any additional costs besides the RV site?  I would appreciate any information I can get.

utmtman said:
I am interested in attending the 2007 rally in Moab.  Especially since I am only 100 miles from there.  How can I get info as to what goes on at the rally.  Are there any additional costs besides the RV site?  I would appreciate any information I can get.

The fixed costs are the RV site itself.  Extras are completely on your own.  Typically the "group" goes out to lunch or dinner one day.  Each person springs for some happy  hour hour d'oeuvre.  Last year there were optional horseback rides and a river cruise  which varied from  $40 to 60 extra.  There is great shopping for souvenirs in Moab.  Many of us go out to dinner several times.  There is gas to pay for in your vehicle when we go out "4 wheeling."  When everyone has arrived we have a group  planning meeting to decide what  folks want to do.  Hiking,  rides, shopping and  anything else come up on the board.  Then we make a schedule from which folks with common interests can participate OR everyone can sit and do just exactly what they want.  No rules. Just lots of fun.  Please join us!

We like new stories!

Betty

Received medical clearance for extended travel on Friday 1/12/07. Applied same day and was told all available spaces at Moab were taken.

If anybody cancels between now and end of March, please post.

Thank you.

29er said:
Received medical clearance for extended travel on Friday 1/12/07. Applied same day and was told all available spaces at Moab were taken.

If anybody cancels between now and end of March, please post.

Thank you.

You might want to get a backup site at one of the other rv parks near the Portal.

PhilB

29er said:
Applied same day and was told all available spaces at Moab were taken.If anybody cancels between now and end of March, please post.

Hi there,

Did you tell Portal you would like to be on a cancellation list or a back up list?  They used to accommodate requests when they were full but there have been some new developments construction wise and maybe they no longer make those accommodations.  It never hurts to ask to be on a back up list.  Meantime watch here for any cancellations as things do change and  something may come up.

Betty

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom