Moab 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bernie,

I sure do remember the field  ;D  I misread Smoky's message and was thinking he was intending to boondock outside of Portal.

Tom said:
I sure do remember the field  ;D  I misread Smoky's message and was thinking he was intending to boondock outside of Portal.

No boondocking at Portal this year because of the new construction but, there are a few places along the river where you can boondock.

Phil

If they're wanting to boondock outside of Portal, there's are several areas outside Moab, on BLM land. You can find info on boondocking in the area at http://www.blm.gov/utah/moab/rec-frame.html

As for dry camping at Portal, aren't they converting the big field to casitas? That's what it looks like on their website.

Wendy
Navajo Nat Mon

Phil,

I wondered if/when the construction was going to impact the field at Portal. Your message reminded me of the RVs we've seen tucked in along the river.

Sheila and I had to cancel our planned trip to Torrey because of a work conflict, but we have signed up for Moab (Portal). We will have our friends, Judy and Ollie, with us. They were at Torrey with us last year.

ken & sheila, happy trails

Jeanette and I will be at Portal. They tell us we have one of the new full hook up sites (that was yesterday) no grass yet, only gravel.

Dave

Good to hear you'll both be there Dave. Sounds like Portal has made progress on their mew sites.

Hi to all,
Linda and I have finally gotten our calendar stable and will be able to attend Moab.  I tried Portal and they were full so I have a reservation at Slickrock, I understand that it is close to Portal.  We will be there from 4-27 through 5-7-2007.  Not being in the same campground will undoubtedly cause some problems but I hope we can take part in most of the events.  Please let us know of anything that we will need.

P.S.
I enjoyed Quartzite and will continue to try to talk Linda into attending next year.

Thanks,
      Dean and Linda

Dean & Linda Stock said:
Linda and I have finally gotten our calendar stable and will be able to attend Moab.  I tried Portal and they were full so I have a reservation at Slickrock, I understand that it is close to Portal.  We will be there from 4-27 through 5-7-2007.  Not being in the same campground will undoubtedly cause some problems but I hope we can take part in most of the events. 

Great News  about your attendance.  Was Portal willing to put you on a wait list?  If not,  I see no problem with your being close by.  In the past we set a schedule of events and have daily happy hours where  other things are planned.  Thanks to the miracle of technology with cell phones, internet and plain old converstion should  be kept well informed enough to know who will be where.
Betty

Is it safe to assume we can just show up, without a reservation or being on a wait list, and enjoy the pleasantness of boondocking?  We have no interest in hookups.

Hi,

We will be attending the Moab rally and staying at Portal RV Park from 4/27-5/6.
Looking forward to the event .

chris & mimi pennings.

Anybody having a travel schedule from the bay area to Moab ?

Chris,

Which route are you planning to take?

Smoky,

You'd best call. I'm not sure if part or all of the field has been torn up this year to make way for their new hookup sites. In any event, be aware that there's a charge for boondocking in the field.

Smoky said:
Is it safe to assume we can just show up, without a reservation or being on a wait list, and enjoy the pleasantness of boondocking?  We have no interest in hookups.

Better call since the old boondocking area is being made into a full hookup area.  Ask to be placed on a wait list if sites are not available.

Ron

Smoky said:

No need to call if you are going to boondock on BLM land.  Don't plan to boondock at the Portal without calling first.  Moab is very crowded in the spring so, don't expect to find a good spot close by town.

PhilB

Tom,

There are only 2 major choices to get to Moab from the Bay: Via Bakersfield or Salt Lake. We are flexible for either way and probably can drive up together.

chris

Sounds good Chris. We might have one other couple from Discovery Bay tagging along, but they usually go their own way on their own schedule and meet us at the destination. We've gone to Moab via Salt Lake the last couple of times, so maybe it's time for a change. The route via Bakersfield is only 44 miles longer for us.

We have reservations but are not planning to attend.  Would anybody like to use ours?  And how do we switch?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom