Explorer RV insurance quote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluefire1914

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are taking delivery of our Jayco 5th wheel Pinnacle May 1.  We are trying to get insurance quotes.  One of the ones I heard about was Explorer RV, and I submitted a request for a quote online.  It came back at $410 per year.

The only thing that concerns me is that there was no question about use of the RV.  In my request for a quote, it never asked if we're using it for luxury, or if we are going to be full-timing.

If I accept this quote and something happens, are we going to be screwed?  We will be full-timing and will be parked at a mobile home park for now.

I would suggest that you get several quotes(at least 3) and compare the cost and coverage before you purchase.

To answer your original question. I would make sure it covered you full time. We were asked about full time whenever we received quotes and the price and coverage was a little different when full timing.

My National Interstate policy (through Explorer RV) comes with a statement that I sign and return indicating whether use is fulltime or not. Fulltime is anything over 150 nights/year on that policy. The cost difference isn't that great, though.  We were paying about $60/yr more when we were in fulltime mode.

Okay, I was able to get a quote I can live with.  $516 a year.  Not great, but not terrible.  I took the roadside assistance off since I get that already through the extended warranty.  I went through RV America / Triumphe.  Which I think is the same as Explorer as well.

The cool thing is that they lower the premium by 25% each year if you remain claim-free, which we certainly hope to be able to do.

All in all, it's not complete robbery.

bluefire1914 said:
Okay, I was able to get a quote I can live with.  $516 a year.  Not great, but not terrible.  I took the roadside assistance off since I get that already through the extended warranty.  I went through RV America / Triumphe.  Which I think is the same as Explorer as well.

The cool thing is that they lower the premium by 25% each year if you remain claim-free, which we certainly hope to be able to do.

All in all, it's not complete robbery.

Are you sure about the 25% off of the premium each year? I know some places have Diminishing Deductibles. That sounds too good to be true.

Falconhunter, after I did some calculations, it does sound too good to be true. . .It means that next year I'll be paying less than $400, and the year after that it goes down by another $90 something dollars.

She did say 25%, but it doesn't make sense.  I'll have to double check on that and let you guys know.

I would call them back and have them explain that to you. My Progressive has diminishing deductibles at 25% a year.

Yes, it would be the deductible that decreases 25% each year until in year 5 it's 0 as long as you keep renewing the policy.  Premiums, on the other hand, rarely go down unless you change the coverages.

I tried to apply for Insurance with them online, got to the third or fourth page and it said my coach was too old - they do not insure older than 1984 and we have an  '83...

Frank

Back
Top Bottom