?? for those that used Allure flooring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz442

I redoing the flooring in my RV and want to go with the Allure flooring. They say its not to be used if temps go below 15*F and over 95*F. Has anyone had any problems in reguards to temperture.
Thanks JKaz

You'll find a lot of discussion and concern over this published spec but I haven't seen a single post from anyone who has actually had the problem... or even knows someone who has.

Rick

kaz442 said:
I redoing the flooring in my RV and want to go with the Allure flooring. They say its not to be used if temps go below 15*F and over 95*F. Has anyone had any problems in reguards to temperture.
Thanks JKaz

jkaz,
i have a recent post with pictures about my allure flooring installation on this forum.
i have not had any expansion-contraction issues because of temperature.
allure is supposed to be a ''floating'' floor, not anchored on the sides or ends. that wouldn't work for us in our moho. we used double back tape to anchor the floor around the stairwell and under the front slide. leave 1/4'' or so on the floating edges to be covered with moulding. we attached the moulding to the wall, not the floor. see the picture of products we used. the hundreds of staples holding the carpet were a pita to remove, especially under the slides.
make sure that the allure strips are stored at room temperature for a while before installing them.
the other thing i will stress is that your floor must be completely level with no high spots before you lay down the allure. all the small high spot imperfections will show through the allure with time. here are a few of the pics.

Attachments

• DSC00131.JPG
    DSC00131.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC00132.JPG
    DSC00132.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC00141.JPG
    DSC00141.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC00136.JPG
    DSC00136.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 213
I redone the floor in my Winnebago with Allure Ultra and haven't looked back. Here in Va. we get some very hot summers, mostly in the 90's and above. The winters average in the 20's to 30's and I have had no problems so far. It wears great, cleans up easily and the installation was a breeze. It is designed to float so no need for fasteners. Just lay it down and leave about a 1/4 inch around the edges for expansion and you should be ok.

I just installed the oak in mine.  It goes in easy and no problems so far, but I'm not even finished with the trim yet so no idea how it'll do with the wild temp swings it's going to see in the motorhome.  The only suggestion I'll give, if your cutting a piece with a jig saw or band saw or any saw, for an intricate cut out, use a piece of a cut off glue strip upside down to protect the piece you are cutting from getting debris all over it's glue strip.  I was mostly able to use some tin snips and the score and snap method, but I did have a couple that needed to be drilled then cut out with a jig saw.

The whole floor cost less than 150 and I figure at that price I can give it a try.  It was very easy to install

Hey Kaz442, there are two types of Allure. Allure and Allure Ultra. The regular allure has a glue strip and is the thinner of the two. A little more difficult to put down, as you need to make sure it is positioned correctly the first time or you may not get it apart to make an adjustment. The Allure Ultra is a thicker material and it is tongue and groove. Cuts very easy. I used a compound miter saw for straight cuts and a handheld jig saw for curved cuts. Simply lay down the first piece and then tilt the second piece at about a 45 degree angle and lock into place. Very easy to install and no glue strips to fight. Of course the Ultra is a little more expensive, but well worth it. I purchased mine from Home Depot and if i remember correctly, it was about 50.00 a box and each box covered 20 sq. ft.
They have samples for you to look at and then you can compare the two.

Dan i have a 2001 adventurer too ,how did you manage to remove the carpet from under the slide room in living area ,i would like to do the same work on mine replace with allure. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom