Intro and question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsB2007

We are considering fulltiming it for 1-2 years...we currently have a 15-month-old and we cloth diaper.  I do diaper laundry about every other day currently - we line dry some, but also use the dryer for some of the laundry.  Just wondering if it's realistic to want to fulltime knowing we cloth diaper...and should we consider renovating to add a stackable?  If we find a fulltime campsite how does having an outside w/d work?  Any thoughts?

I've been lurking and love all the information here...just didn't see this addressed anywhere yet!

Thank you!

Well, your situation is a temporary one since I'm thinking your baby won't be in diapers for that much longer? :eek: :-\  If for some reason the park that you decide to fulltime in wouldn't allow outside w/d, you might consider a diaper service for a while!  Might be cheaper in the long run that renovating and putting in a w/d just for that.  JMHO

I sure hope she isn't in dipes for too much longer, but at the same time I don't want to count on that.  There's also the possibility that we could be adding to our family while we're on this adventure too and in that case we would definitely need the w/d.

I'll definitely look into the diaper service...your post reminded me that I'd read somewhere that they will sometimes do your diaper laundry for you for a fee (using your dipes, not theirs) so that might definitely be worth it!

Welcome to the forum! 

You don't mention if you plan to just full time in one spot or travel around.  I think it will make a difference.

Most CGs we've seen have a rule against outside clothes lines and would frown on an outside w/d.  I also suspect that there may be an issue in some places rinsing out and washing diapers.

On the other hand, if you're going to be staying in one place I would think it would be negotiable with the owner... but a diaper service sounds like the best option to me.

good luck...

rick

We plan on staying in the same place for the entire 1-2 years!

My husband moves often for his job (with the option to stay longer if he would like...the past few assignments we've stayed for 4 years each) and this next assignment we anticipate only being there for 1-2 years, so we thought it would be a good time to give fulltiming a try.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom