Gray and black tank repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

83Travelcraft

Both my gray and black tank leak at the couplings, is there a decent product out there than can repair these or do I have to replace them?

It probably depends on the specific plumbing setup of your rig, as none of these RV's are set up the same way.  You might be able to replace a small section of piping without too much difficulty.  I know Eternabond (usually used for roof repairs) also makes waterproof tape products for tank repairs, but probably moreso for cases of ruptured/damaged flat tank surfaces.  Something to check out though, and I'm sure some others will have ideas.

On my old camper I used a product from Menards (Home Depot) It was Harvey's 2 part epoxy stick. Found in the plumbing section. Needed to rough up the area so the epoxy had something to adhere to. Worked great. I carry it with me to this day.

If it's really leaking where the pipe comes out of the tank, try tightening the hose clamp around the outlet.  Most tanks just have a lip that surrounds the drain pipe, and a clamp to hold things tight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom