PDI in winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaycee

We are going in the morning to look at a new TT, if the DW approves it we are going to buy.
But what is the best if any way to do a PDI when the temps are below freezing?  I am afraid it could cause more problems if everything is filled and drained then goes back out into 10 deg weather.

The unit is a 2005, so it has been on the lot for awhile, any other areas to pay closer attention to?

Thanks
KC

Unless you plan to use it in the frigid termps, why not just give them a deposit and take delivery when the weather gets nicer? Why have your money tied up while it sits in storage? And you become responsible for winterizing, insurance, etc. while it sits?

Based the track record of manufacturers and dealers for delivering defect-free products, I would insist on a FULL PDI regardless of temperatures.  And I would want at least 24 hours of continuous operation on all appliances, water system, etc., followed by a complete re-winterization.

Waiting until spring for delivery will give you a longer warranty if it is a new 2005.

Gary and Jeff make very good points and I would insist on the delivery process proposed by Gary.  Further insist on being present when they do the PDI and to see all appliances and systems work for a 24 hour period before delivering your check.  Some dealers cannot be trusted to accurately report and verify all systems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom