2007 meridian SE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tin man

Interested in 2007 Meridian SE Any info?  Did it come with extra options?  So far it looks real plain. Just four options on window sticker.

Sounds like clean unit.

Help

Tin man

I had an 06' Meridian and it came loaded. There weren't a lot of options because everything was standard.  Mine was not an SE though, so I can't say for sure that the standard features were the same.

The SE is a bare-bones unit with the smaller engine, cloth interior instead of Ultra-Leather, SS wheel covers rather than aluminum, gel-coat and decals (or minimum design paint.. dunno), etc.

My neighbor has one and they love it with the kids and being desert rats.

As SCVJeff says, the SE version is a cost-reduced Meridian (vs the regular configuration), but any Meridian is pretty nicely equipped.  You can view the 2007 Itasca manuals HERE, but they don't seem to have a brochure on the SE version - just the full blown Meridian. And the SE is not a listed model in the NADA guide either.  As I recall, though, the SE was substantially less expensive.

If you are looking for a more luxurious model, you want the standard Meridian rather than the SE (now called V Class). Or perhaps a Horizon, the next step up from Meridian in 2007. But if you are just looking for a nice motorhome, it will probably suit you fine.

As other have stated, it was a plain jane, base model, I looked at one very hard.  It had the 5 speed allison transmission also.
It would certainly get the job done and was at the time priced thousands of dollars less than its standard upgraded model.

The Winnebago Journey is the equivalent coach to the Meridian in the Winnebago line up, so you might look at them as well. I don't recall if there was a Journey "SE" or not, but there is now a Journey Express which is a step down from the regular Journey.

I don't recall if there was a Journey "SE" or not, but there is now a Journey Express which is a step down from the regular Journey.
                                                                                    Yes there was, it was a Journey SE I was looking at.

Looking at one lazy days FL.  Not in yet, very plain. But it will get us there.  There are no Journey's or Meridians 2007 around 34' around.  Any out there they are upside down on loan and cannot sell. Been looking for over year.  Like the layout.

Thanks for info.  I expected they sold the SE as a downsized model to dump them on market.  Right though it's a good model.

Jim - if you are interested in something less than 40', you could look at the Vectra and Horizon models that are 36' long.  They came on the market in 2004 and have a side radiator and independent front suspension (highly desirable.)  We really liked the 36RD floorplan (as I recall), but for 10-14K more we could go to 40' which we did.

I am trying to stay in the 35' range. Just not too many out there.  The coach is nice, just looks cheap.  But than again I'm inside so I don't see the outside.  Nice if it had power seats not sure.  First class A for us had 26 ' coachman Lep years ago.  Great coach great times!  Looking forward to travel and the 35' looks like it would serve us well.  The newer coaches 34h have bathroom across from kitchen.  Not a great idea, but the rest of the coach is great.  I am anal about Winnebago.

I'll look at the 37' but tight for storage.

Thanks

Jim

RCtime said:
  I don't recall if there was a Journey "SE" or not, but there is now a Journey Express which is a step down from the regular Journey.
                                                                                    Yes there was, it was a Journey SE I was looking at.
I don't think there (was). The Meridian comes one way: fully loaded, I'm not sure there is even an option checkoff list. One the Journey there is, everything is an option. Drives the Journey sales guys nuts when people come in and say the Journey is a cheaped version of the Meridian. That's true only of you have it optioned to equal an SE. I spect that's not the norm tho.

I've looked for info on the SE too, and there is nothing on the Winne site.

Jef:

I have been looking for over a year, and got serious when I retired.  Trust me they do not come loaded.  Just what they wanted to put on them. The list of options is long and expensive.  The norm is leather seats power.  Not passenger, air horns, and Sirius radio. The SE I'm looking at has the window sticker and it didn't even have a Sirius radio.  It appears the owners had a washer and dryer put in. Not even a ladder.

The paint is standard white with decals.  the leather seats were an option.  It was easier controlling traffic than looking for a motor home. The fabric is from a year earlier and no leather.

John Canfield said:
Jim - if you are interested in something less than 40', you could look at the Vectra and Horizon models that are 36' long.  They came on the market in 2004 and have a side radiator and independent front suspension (highly desirable.)  We really liked the 36RD floorplan (as I recall), but for 10-14K more we could go to 40' which we did.

Actually, John, all of the 36's are rear radiator--no side option.  :(

Chris

Nice Meridian 05 in North Conway looks great just wants too much money.  He's had it for sale over a year.  If he took my first offer he would of had it sold.  A year ago.  He wants over 115000.00.

The 07 is 20000.00 cheaper and less milage. Two years newer.

We have one and know it pretty well at this point if you have any questions.

Tin man said:
Jef:

I have been looking for over a year, and got serious when I retired.  Trust me they do not come loaded.  Just what they wanted to put on them. The list of options is long and expensive.  The norm is leather seats power.  Not passenger, air horns, and Sirius radio. The SE I'm looking at has the window sticker and it didn't even have a Sirius radio.  It appears the owners had a washer and dryer put in. Not even a ladder.

The paint is standard white with decals.  the leather seats were an option.  It was easier controlling traffic than looking for a motor home. The fabric is from a year earlier and no leather.

cbeierl said:
Actually, John, all of the 36's are rear radiator--no side option.  :(

Chris - I did not know that  :p  One of the first coaches we looked at when shopping for ours was the 36RD and I didn't remember it was a rear.

Gary RV Roamer said:
The SE should be cheaper than a full bore Meridian, even if newer. It was way lower in price to begin with.

In addition to being less expensive, shorter and built without chrome plated plastic mirrors... it has the last of the Cummins engines that don't require ULSD. 

it has the last of the Cummins engines that don't require ULSD. 

Would that still be an issue? FJ/Pilot only sells USLD now and I would expect nearly all diesel sellers are doing the same.

BernieD said:
Would that still be an issue? FJ/Pilot only sells USLD now and I would expect nearly all diesel sellers are doing the same.

Not an issue unless you visit Mexico, for example, where they don't have ULSD.  I know most folks avoid Mx but not all.  The Canadians especially.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom